I assume Goodman has it 1) UNC, 2) Kansas, 3) Kentucky, 4-37, 38) Duke

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad, man. I know everyone loses it eventually, but I didn't think K would be done as a game coach. He is.

As far as i'm concerned this season is over. He has one more chance to make things right with next year's great on-paper roster. last chance. If that team shits itself to something like a 3-4 seed, then it might be time to close the curtains.

This roster is heavily flawed but anything less than a 4 seed (and we're not even close to that right now) is a massive, massive coaching failure.

Anything less than a 2 seed should have been a massive failure. We have adjusted our preseason expectations retroactively. Look at this roster.

Lol he thinks the defense has been good in the past six seasons.

Is this full scale TrustInRoy style dementia?

Last edited by a moderator:
Really not that young compared to other teams. But apparently he needs a team full of seniors to run his defense. That should work out well in this one-and-done era.

I think the nadir of my sadness with respect to K's deterioration as a coach and human being will be this next game vs UVA. The camera will cut to K several times, and each time, we will know he is watching a team play the ideal college basketball defense taught by Bennett, and we will know those screws aren't turning, no light is going on in there. He will just stare emptily at UVA's defense while being mad about his own players not playing hard enough, with effort being the reason they give up so many layups. Fucking heartbreaking.

I hate to do this, but is it public how his brother passed? Long illness? Because that shit sucks and it takes a while to get your head back on.

A very gottfriedesque year. I've never felt in a season before that we could literally lose to any acc team we play, but here we are.

Although his comment essentially resolves nothing (insofar as no mention of adjustments or rotation changes are mentioned), Coach K was spot-on with his comment on the team's lack of toughness. They only tough players are Tyler & Amile.

I love the talent both bring to the Devils, but Hood and Parker have been soft on both ends of the floor. With their ballhandling skills and the mismatches they create, they should have a great advantage taking it to the rim. Instead, they are shooting mid-range jumpers. Their defensive problems are pretty self-evident.

Toronto, I would argue that Hood and Parker not taking advantage of their mismatches is a coaching problem, not a softness problem.

Yeah, I don't think Parker is soft on offense. He will get in the post and try to work, but he is rarely put in that position.

Now defensively, yes, he's is a huge wimp on post D.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil