Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] at UNC / at GT / VT / at Clemson

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Another underwhelming Duke team careens toward March with question marks everywhere.

This is a placeholder post for now, as people are probably eager to discuss the UNC game. It may or may not be updated later.

at NORTH CAROLINA

Thursday, February 8, 8:00pm ET, ESPN/ACCN

Luke+Maye+NCAA+Men+Final+Four+National+Championship+hMjW0wOf_qbl.jpg

Kenpom rankings:

12 overall
14 offense
29 defense

Kenpom projection:

Duke 88, UNC 87 (Duke 52%)

at GEORGIA TECH

Sunday, February 11, 6:00pm ET, ESPN

zqCilVn.jpg

Kenpom rankings:

108 overall
173 offense
60 defense

Kenpom projection:

Duke 81, GT 70 (Duke 84%)

VIRGINIA TECH

Wednesday, February 14, 7:00pm ET, ESPN2

dcb7ec55-ae5a-4030-8a82-9bdefad7d569-large16x9_ClarkeDunk1231.png

Kenpom rankings:

41 overall
23 offense
103 defense

Kenpom projection:

Duke 93, VT 81 (Duke 88%)

at CLEMSON

Sunday, February 18, 1:00pm ET, WatchESPN/ACCN

636520692502974168-CU-ND-02968.jpg

Kenpom rankings:

17 overall
32 offense
13 defense

Kenpom projection:

Duke 79, Clemson 78 (Duke 54%)

There's no terribly hellish stretch on Duke's schedule this season, so this is as bad as it gets. If we throw in the game at St. John's before it, this winds up as 4 road games out of 5, with 2 of those road games being against the 3rd and 4th best teams in the ACC, according to Kenpom.

2-2 would not be disastrous (for any rational fan who did not go into this season expecting total dominance). 3-1 would be slightly above the Kenpom expectation. I hope for 3-1.

I certainly don't expect to go 0-4 in this stretch. But on the other hand, I'm not overcome with confidence about any of them.

Berry is going to abuse Duval. And Berry (objectively) isn't even that good.

So an 11 or so point spread against a terrible team on the road? Guess I'll be watching a Duke loss live against GaTech. Wonderful.

For multiple reasons, I don't like that UNC has the absolute worst 3pt defense in the country to this point while maintaining a good overall defense. I think that's really bad news for Duke and for forward-looking purposes. I expect Duval to be practically unplayable against them, and I expect him to be kept on the court for 30+ minutes. Please prove this wrong, in one way or the other.

For multiple reasons, I don't like that UNC has the absolute worst 3pt defense in the country to this point while maintaining a good overall defense. I think that's really bad news for Duke and for forward-looking purposes. I expect Duval to be practically unplayable against them, and I expect him to be kept on the court for 30+ minutes. Please prove this wrong, in one way or the other.

I've written this for the UVA game (and was comically wrong)...but this is another example where Alex should play an important role.

Duke has opened up as a 1.5 point dog in chapel hill.

Last edited:
There was this one time I laughed at the thought Luke Maye would be a decent ACC player.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back