Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2021-22] Duke vs. Army

What’s your prediction, if this game is played?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
210602172205-02-mike-krzyzewski-unf-restricted-super-169.jpg

Friday, November 12, 7pm ET, ACC Network
Cameron Indoor Stadium

Coach K goes back to the start, as Cameron welcomes back fans for the first time since the great Justin Robinson was leading Duke to a regular season sweep of UNC.

No line for this game anywhere yet. Safe to assume Paolo Banchero tore his ACL in practice and it hasn't been reported publicly.

Spread ranges from what I can see are Duke favored 24.5 to 26.5 with the consensus being 25.5.

Total points range from 142.5 to 146.5 with the consensus being 146.5 total points.

I didn't realize Amile Jefferson was on the staff now.

• Haha
Reactions: aiw
Gonzaga is going to murder us. Anything less than 15-point loss would surprise me.

I just think Holmgren is going to be an impossible cover for us. Plus, he should take away the thing we do best (scoring at the rim). Eager to watch the Gonzaga-Texas game to see if he's really as good as I think.

But first and foremost I'd like to see us play better against Campbell tomorrow and AJ to get more burn.

Duke’s defense continues to be elite, moving up to #10 on Kenpom after holding Army to 71 ORtg, about 25% below their expectation against an average defense. In contrast with Kentucky, Army’s offense was dominated in every way except the most important for predictive purposes - 49% 2pt is a bit discouraging.

Duke’s offense was terrible, not doing anything well except limiting turnovers. Still not shooting well from 3 (31%), but they also didn’t get to the line against Army. ORtgs of 18, 42, 85 and 87 from John, Griffin, Mark and Keels hurt. Overall, down to 15 on Kenpom.

Lots of comparisons to the Zion team, but at this rate, the overall offense/defense split will look much more like the 2007 team. I would like to see that play out, since it will lead to the more homerish parts of the Duke fanbase suddenly appreciating that team’s defense and talking about how that team could have feasibly won the national title.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom