Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] ACC Tournament

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Didn’t watch one second
I honestly don't understand why Duke fans watch UNC games. Most of the time, they don't end up losing. And my joy at their loss is just as great without watching, but I won't have wasted two hours of my Saturday night in the event that UNC somehow rallies.

Last edited:
Even though I don't watch Duke games live anymore, I can at least wrap my head around it. My joy at a Duke win is actually amplified by the experience of seeing it live. I haven't found watching a UNC loss live to be any different of an emotional experience than finding out about it after the fact.

Reactions: aiw
Didn’t watch one second
I honestly don't understand why Duke fans watch UNC games. Most of the time, they don't end up losing. And my joy at their loss is just as great without watching, but I won't have wasted two hours of my Saturday night in the event that UNC somehow rallies.
I will only turn on a UNC game if they’re down by 10+ with 2min left. I almost ruined the 2016 NC for all of us.

Didn’t watch one second
I will only turn on a UNC game if they’re down by 10+ with 2min left. I almost ruined the 2016 NC for all of us.
So I was in a long-distance relationship with a Duke fan in 2016. Somehow I ended up visiting her both when the NCAA Championship game was happening and when Game 7 of the NBA Finals were happening that year. Like me, she was rooting for Nova and the Cavs. At that point in my life, I already didn't watch games live. But because of her, I ended up watching both. Two of the best sports experiences of my life. Made me think maybe I should watch more live basketball. Then 2017 happened, and I realized what a terrible idea that actually was.

Washington has won seven times on the road and only four times at home? Talk about road warriors.

It really does seem that the same ACC regular season title curse that Duke has, UNC has the same ACCT Title curse.
From 2009 to 2024, UNC has won the ACCT once. Going 1-6 in the title game. Duke on the other hand has 6 ACCT titles, going 6-2 in the title game.
Conversely, over the same span, UNC has won the ACC regular season 6 times (5 outright and 1 tie), and Duke has won it just twice (1 outright and 1 tie).
Both teams have pulled the double dip winning both the same year once, Duke in 2010, and UNC in 2016, and 4 times they have split, all four times it was UNC regular season and Duke ACCT.
Another interesting tidbit that is UVA is second over that span in both categories, they have 6 regular season titles (4 outright and 2 ties) and 2 ACCT titles. But they pulled the double dip twice.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom