Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Game Thread [2023-24] Louisville

What's your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
His defensive footwork is the real glaring issue for me.
I think it's a combo of the footwork itself and the reaction time. If his "oh, I need to rotate to that guy" thoughts came a bit faster, that would mitigate things.

Duke's relative rank does quantify a couple of things about this team that aren't bad, going forward: We don't play particularly better at home than elsewhere, and we don't play worse (relative to expectation) against better teams than worse teams.

Wild, but unsurprising, how many Big 12 teams play much better than expected against inferior teams, but not better teams (e.g., Houston, Baylor, Iowa State, and BYU).

His defensive footwork is the real glaring issue for me.
I think it's a combo of the footwork itself and the reaction time. If his "oh, I need to rotate to that guy" thoughts came a bit faster, that would mitigate things.
See, I feel his rotations have improved a bit over the year. It's when he's iso'd on an island that he has no chance because his defensive prep is terrible. He gets down in a stance, but he doesn't know what to do with his feet to make sure he can change directions quickly. He also consistently misreads which direction his man is going to take on his drive.

He also consistently misreads which direction his man is going to take on his drive.
Yeah, it's possible I'm confounding some of this with reaction time. Maybe he quickly starts wrong reactions all the time, and then has to belatedly switch to the right reaction. Some of that is 1-on-1, some of that still happens off the ball, too.

And I may be overindexing to what I saw in the 2nd half of yesterday's game. Louisville iso'd him several times when he was out there. They got something good out of it every time because he got blown by, which created a difficult help situation for Flip or someone else.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom