Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Alex O'Connell

Murphy was a pretty good leaper. But apparently O'Connell has a 38" vertical, so you're probably right on that one.

I never cared for Hurley's form. I didn't like how he landed way forward of his jump-off point on every three he took.

"He's been lifting"
He does look a hell of a lot better.

Been thinking the same thing since they posted those practice pics a few weeks ago. If he can add the weight and really has the tools the scouts say he has, then he can be a great player for us.

Same time, I thought Alex Murphy could be great for us in the same scenario.

To be fair, TDD insiders assured us throughout Murphy's preseason practices that he was the second coming of Kyle Singler. I believe the description was "Better than Singler was at this point"?
So, yeah, you can be forgiven for unrealistic Murphy expectations. We were all there with you.

thank you, thank you.

I do remember that quote. Gah.

He seems to also have a mean streak that I didn't see in Murphy. I do have a hard time getting past the hair :smirk:.

If he can shoot, he'll play this year. I don't expect much, but not many shooters in the lineup.

Folks here have been traumatized by his hair.

Murphy was a pretty good leaper. But apparently O'Connell has a 38" vertical, so you're probably right on that one.

I never cared for Hurley's form. I didn't like how he landed way forward of his jump-off point on every three he took.

This video has some of that Hurley form. Also a couple of nice dunks at the 0:45 mark.

No idea where the link goes, I just like the picture.

He won't have to trip anyone to take over as Most Hated White Boy in Durm

He's the only person who will be able to make the entire college basketball community forget Grayson Allen ever existed. He's going to be something else next season.

I am so excited about Alex.

He's good enough already to win you a lot of games in college but not quite physical/athletic enough (yet, at least) to be taken in the NBA draft.

I hope he sees lots of minutes all year- I think we can go 9 deep with Javin/Bolden/Goldwire/Alex off the bench.

Need a gif of O'Dongell's bench celebration after Allen's lob to Bagley for the 2nd half dunk.

He's a lot more active defensively than I thought he would be. Tucker could learn from O'Connell's effort.

Chat users

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 1
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom