Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Alex O'Connell

O'Connell looks like he's starring in a Disney Channel movie about a child who, after a series of hilarious misunderstandings, winds up playing basketball for his favorite college team.

5 months late but this is my favourite post in the thread.

This is probably board blasphemy, but AOC seems better right now than Scheyer was at this point.

Yeah, I advise looking at Scheyer's freshman numbers and then rethinking that assertion.

Still better than NPOY candidate Grayson Allen though.

I mean, anyone who is white with an eFG of 85% through the first 55 minutes of their career is going to look like a better version of Scheyer.

Yeah, I advise looking at Scheyer's freshman numbers and then rethinking that assertion.

Still better than NPOY candidate Grayson Allen though.
I'm basing this off AOC's combination of shooting stroke and his athleticism relative to Scheyer at the same point in their careers. Scheyer played a lot more, but IIRC, he had to. AOC is making a case to start over Trent, IMO.

I'm going to clarify my statement some more.

First of all, I loved Scheyer's game. One of the smartest, savviest players we've ever had, maybe we'll ever see, at Duke. He also made some huge shots for Duke over the years. I am completely confident in him as a coach.

When Scheyer was a freshman, everyone talked about how his body wasn't ready for the rigors of ACC play, just like the do with AOC. But AOC appears, fundamentally, to be a better shooter and he appears to be a better athlete. AOC has the luxury of being able to come off the bench on a loaded team, a luxury that Scheyer did not have. I do not expect AOC to put up Scheyer numbers this year because he won't be needed for that role, barring the typical Duke disaster this season.

Hairstyle is the millennial version of Hitler. Probably the worst haircut in Duke history. Seems to have good court awareness though.

It appears his HS ranking was simply the result of looking like a prepubescent member of the Hitler Youth, and it wasn't an indictment of his actual talent and potential.

Next year the Cam Reddish/RJ Barrett/O'Connell wing trio will likely be capable of combining to score 60-70 points in any given game.

Hopefully O’Connell gets around 15 minutes a game the rest of the way not because I’m under any illusions that things will get better for this team following the Southern and Portland State catastrophes, but a 2020/21 team lead by a senior AOC and Joey Baker can get us back to vintage Duke levels.

He's been way better than anyone could have expected, but his racist hair is making guys want to dunk on him.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back