Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bracketology

Maybe this is colored by the fact that I'd rather a 2 seed, but I probably wouldn't give Duke a 1 if we're being objective. Yes, there were a ton of injuries, the schedule was brutal and they've made the most of their opportunity in their conference championship game. Yes, talent-wise they may be the best team.

But you have to give more meaning to the regular season, I think. 5 days ago we were up a point on Clemson with a minute to go- probably a 5 seed had we lost. This is not some juggernaut that woke up and ripped through their conference tournament. Had to claw back in every game, which was awesome and I loved it, but seems silly to jump them over this many teams. Proved itself as a contender but not sure that's the same thing as deserves a 1 seed. I'm not really as concerned with Duke's Kenpom rating as a predictor of tournament success because of the parade of variables it can never account for. But still, they're sitting at #11.

I completely agree. I don't believe Duke's body of work warrants a 1 seed, and I also don't want all the associated controversy or drama of a 1 seeded Duke team.

Oh, but a 1 seeded UNC will piss me off.

PLEASE BE WRONG

oh, nevermind. I looked it this left to right. Please be correct, except for UNC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Butler has owned Roy/UNC for some weird reason. Don't know if they have played since Stevens left though.

Think how easy doing this bracket would have been 5-10 years ago before the masses were screaming about Kenpom. Just hand the top seeds out to the major conference teams with 30 wins or that won their reg season--Nova, Zona, Kansas (career achievement 1 seed), Kentucky. UNC, SMU, UCLA, Oregon are 2's. Purdue, Duke, etc get 3's. Just eye test their record, conference strength, etc. Punish the Zags and the Shockers for their shit conferences and bad TV contracts.

So easy.

The top half of the West bracket is the whitest bracket I've ever seen

1 Zags
16 Daum
8 NW
9 Vandy
5 ND
12 Princeton
4 WVU (only black team but whitest fans)
13 Bucknell

Someone on /collegebasketball calculated the difficulty of each of the 16 quandrant's teams. You guys will be shocked, but UNC's quandrant was the weakest, with the other quandrant in the upper half of their bracket the 2nd weakest.

physicsfactor said:

1 Zags
16 Daum
8 NW
9 Vandy
5 ND
12 Princeton
13 Bucknell
Get ready for code words by commentators such as fundamentally sound or grit

If we get to second weekend even MSG won't be as fan friendly. Nova fans will be all over. And if we are lucky enough to get to the Final 4, probably will have to deal with Zona fans in Phoenix

Probably more Duke fans in NY metro than Nova--Nova is Philly, and they used to be in the Big East who played against St. John's. I know that you know those things, but I am typing them out anyway. If UConn was playing at MSG, that would be another story.

bdotling said:
physicsfactor said:

1 Zags
16 Daum
8 NW
9 Vandy
5 ND
12 Princeton
13 Bucknell
Get ready for code words by commentators such as fundamentally sound or grit

Doubt I'll watch much of that bracket. I can only take so much of hearing about a team's "courage, grit, heart, hardworking, go-getter attitude" before I'm ready to puke.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom