Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

I'm in favor of killing the OAD rule, but Duke will suck for a year or two when it happens, right?
Not sure about that. We'll have Javin, Alex, the 2 Jordans, Jack (and Bolden?) to build around, along with any other multi-year guys we pick up for next year. Coach K might even bring in a transfer or two. All part of the Master's plan.

The key decision makers include Adam Silver, Grant Hill and David Robinson, who all will probably listen to K's opinions on this, so whatever happens should be timed conveniently for Duke and with K given advance warning before any other coach.

I think Duke would be in fine shape.

Jones so
O'Connell jr
Tucker jr-worst case
Baker fr
DeLaurier sr

If the one and dones are gone then this is a solid team.

I doubt Duke will struggle too much, but any slight downturn for the top programs would open the door for a Wichita State or Gonzaga to crush everyone that year and finally get a mid-major championship.

That team - without being able to be boosted by OAD talent - would suck for a Duke team IMO. I mean, yes, they would be a solid college basketball team, but I think they would definitely be behind a typical Duke team performance and behind other teams that had been developing rosters full of upperclassmen for multiple seasons.

But imagine the rest of the college basketball landscape void of the one and done stars.

And that's probs a worse case scenario team I just listed there.

They would definitely have some decent-ranked freshmen to add to the roster, CMon.

My whole point is that while some other schools get a OAD, Duke and Kentucky are the schools relying on OADs to bring in 3+ new starters every season. (Small sample size) Last time that didn't happen was 2016 which was a bad team by Duke's standards.

I'm with peef on this one. I don't think we'll notice the change in CBB as a whole.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back