Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

Things could always be worse for us: we could be Kentucky. Recruiting second-tier OADers who bounce for the G-League after 10 loss seasons.

:tearsofjoy:

Just from reading their board, their fans are going to revolt when they are bounced on the 1st weekend and lose 5-6 guys.

I still expect to be set up to potentially play UK in the second round, however the seeds shake out, and to lose to them.

I still expect to be set up to potentially play UK in the second round, however the seeds shake out, and to lose to them.

UK is probably going to be a 9-10 seed, Duke will be a 4-5 seed. I'm not seeing it unless Duke gets on a little streak and then in the ACCT gets a couple of wins over UNC and UVA.

Could this DBR article get any more DBR-ish?

Potentially Huge And Devastating News

Pay attention to this...
By JD King Feb 15, 2018, 2:48am ESTSHARE
461585657.jpg.0.jpg

Coach K and Mike Brey are two guys you can reasonably expect not to turn up on this list.
You have to read down a bit but we promise it’s worth it because there’s a potential bombshellin here. Check it out:

“Regardless what happens with the criminal cases, sources with knowledge of the FBI investigation told ESPN this week that the clandestine probe could result in potential NCAA violations for as many as three dozen Division I programs, based on information included in wiretap conversations from the defendants and financial records, emails and cell phone records seized from NBA agent Andy Miller. His office was raided on the same day the FBI arrested 10 men, including four assistant coaches, in late September.

”’It’s not the mid-major programs who were trying to buy players to get to the top,’ a source told ESPN. ‘It’s the teams that are already there.’”

Basically that sounds pretty much like a good chunk of the Power Five Conferences and maybe some A-10 and AAC and C-USA for good measure. What happens if that many teams are ruled ineligible for the same tournament?

It’d be easier to list the people who would shock us rather than to compile who we’d suspect, so here’s a partial list of guys we don’t think will be involved. Just because we didn’t list someone here doesn't mean anything. This is just off the top:

• Coach K
  • Tom Izzo
  • Bobby Hurley
  • Danny Hurley (their dad would kill them)
  • Bruce Weber (if he cheats he’s not doing it very well).
  • Tony Bennett
  • Chris Mack
  • Mike Brey
  • Wojo
  • Chris Collins
  • Mark Few
  • Fran Dunphy

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-co...hes-top-programs-lottery-picks-224417174.html

Multiple sources who’ve been briefed on the case and are familiar with the material obtained by feds told Yahoo Sports that the impact on the sport will be substantial and relentless. Sitting under protective order right now are the fruits of 330 days of monitoring activity by the feds, which one assistant US Attorney noted Thursday was “a voluminous amount of material.” That includes wiretaps from 4,000 intercepted calls and thousands of documents and bank records obtained from raids and confiscated computers, including those from notorious NBA agent Andy Miller.

“This goes a lot deeper in college basketball than four corrupt assistant coaches,” said a source who has been briefed on the details of the case. “When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

So how bad could be it? In terms of NCAA rules, multiple sources told Yahoo Sports that the material obtained threatens the fundamental structure and integrity of the sport, as there’s potentially as many 50 college basketball programs that could end up compromised in some way.

I mean, what are the chances we are clean? You have to think if 50 programs are compromised, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky, at al could be included.

If we are implicated and/or hammered, I may just quit following sports.

Last edited:

Tom Izzo also on the list of active HOF coaches.

I'll be honest and say I feel sick to my stomach.

Utterly devastating if Coach K is, God forbid, implicated in this mess and is forced to resign in shame. All he will have built in almost 40 years at Duke: gone.

Slater said Duke is one of the cleanest schools, so I am holding out hope.

FWIW Andy Miller has zero clients with Duke ties

edit; Nvm, Austin Rivers is on that list. But he'd be the last person I expected would get paid

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom