Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2017-18

Y’all are actually worried about this? Too much money at stake here

I mean if 50 programs are going down they might as well have a blanket amnesty for this shit or the NCAA is going to commit suicide. That organization needs the power 5 big boys a hell of a lot more than vice versa. This kind of pandoras box is the last thing the NCAA wants opened.

Court docs come out this October. 2015's statute of limitations don't expire until 2019...

My guess is even if this stuff ever becomes public, that the exposure for most of the top level schools is so little directly - i.e all the $$$ transfer was done via 3rd party shoe company intermediaries on a wink-wink basis - that the NCAA uses that as an excuse to wash their hands of this.

I'll just be totally honest here, if a bunch of P5 schools (like dozens of them) and schools like UNC, KU, and UK are also implicated along with Duke i don't give a single fuck about any of this.

My guess is even if this stuff ever becomes public, that the exposure for most of the top level schools is so little directly - i.e all the $$$ transfer was done via 3rd party shoe company intermediaries on a wink-wink basis - that the NCAA uses that as an excuse to wash their hands of this.

I think this sounds pretty realistic. If Duke is indirectly involved, I'm hoping everyone is indirectly involved.

I had thought the investigation was geared more toward current recruits rather than digging up the past but #1 fear is 2015. Also, isn't it possible that some of these agents, for example Miller, wire money in an effort to sign these players and ultimately the player may choose another agent but will still have accepted money from Miller? In that case, I'm not sure that looking at a client list paints the full picture.

I'm fine with Duke basketball being done for a while if all other top 20-50 programs are also done for a while. Means we get a break from following a sport that is often very low quality and so luck-based in crowning a champion, and UNC/UK/any relevant competitor is not getting ahead in the meantime.

Let's not forget that the person in Miller's office that got arrested was named "Christian Dawkins" which clearly is not a real name but rather a signal from the Feds as to what program they are going after.

Good catch, klahn

Duke could really get back into the 1 seed convo if we win this weekend with all of these teams ahead of them losing. A loss definitely eliminates any remote chance of a 1 seed.

Would the Apprentice ever allow the Master to be directly implicated? I think not.

The federal case has been taking a beating. No way to know for sure, but this sounds an awful lot like somebody on the prosecution side leaking some stuff to media outlets in hopes of scaring some people into coming forward. Same as that initial press conference now looks like it was a hail mary.

Could there be that widespread violations? Sure. But there's clearly nothing else criminal or more people would be arrested and until something is public there's no way to know what type/if any NCAA violations are being claimed.

I'm a skeptic by nature and I think the timing of these articles and where they are showing up is kind of dubious

-Eric Bossi on Rivals

Good games both days this weekend:

Saturday

2pm FOX
Michigan State (-8) at Northwestern
In a disappointing season, Collins can get his only great win of the season when it hurts Duke’s resume.

3:30pm SECN
Auburn (-6) at South Carolina
Auburn continues its push for a 1-seed and has an outside chance at the overall #1 seed, in the sport of basketball.

4:30pm FOX
Villanova (-1.5) at Xavier
Xavier continues its push to be one of least intimidating 1-seeds in history and to lock up a spot in UNC’s region.

6pm ESPN
West Virginia at Kansas (-3.5)
If they lose, Kansas would likely fail to be the Big 12 tournament 1-seed for the first time since Rick Barnes was coaching a 6-10 future NBA All-Star at Texas (LaMarcus Aldridge).

7:30pm ESPNU
Texas Tech (-1) at Baylor
Texas Tech’s great season is largely due to 6-3 senior point guard Keenan Evans, who as a freshman struggled mightily with turnovers (22% turnover rate) and his shot (30% 3PT and 72% FT). He is now #4 in kPOY. This is the reason to be optimistic about what Trevon Duval could become in 3 years, which does absolutely no good for Duke.

8:15pm ESPN
North Carolina at Louisville (-1.5)
The shining program on a hill in college basketball has another opportunity to put a corrupt program in its place.

Sunday

1:00pm CBS
Ohio State at Michigan
This has lost some luster after OSU’s abomination at Penn State.

1:00pm ACCN
Duke at Clemson

4:00pm ESPN
Wichita State at Cincinnati
The mid-major version of Duke vs. Virginia. Extremely high stakes for seeding purposes. One team was heavily hyped in the preseason but has underperformed a bit, due mainly to poor defense (by its standards) and under-usage of its best lead guard. The other is a defensive juggernaut, has overperformed expectations and can put itself in position for a 1-seed by winning this game.

Louisville has very quietly put together a pretty nice season. Top 30 on Kenpom, no affairs or hookers so far.

They just said on broadcast that Trae Young is the "odds on" NPOY favorite. I mean, I get it given his numbers, but isn't that an award they still heavily take into account record? And OU is staring down the barrel of 16-10 with a losing record in the Big 12. Isn't that kind of disqualifying? Not that anyone on Duke deserves it, but when was the last time someone on a team that didn't make the NCAAT got it?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom