Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College GameDay is Coming to Durham!

I’m so glad i procrastinated and didn’t get tickets. Now I’m gonna pay through the roof for 4 tickets aren’t I?

Still pumped and Go Duke

The ‘94 team sounds like a fun yet mostly forgotten one. Was the last good squad before we entered the era of darkness, but gets overshadowed by ‘89 with Spurrier.

Robert Baldwin was the fucking man. Number 47. Never forget him. Billy Granville, Ray Farmer I think were also on that team.

I was like 8 but I remember Ray Farmer being my hero. Was he really good at blocking field goals, or was that something my kid brain made up after seeing him do it once?

2 of #14-16 in both polls lost today, so Duke probably moves up to 16, still one behind UNC, same as all year. ND falls from 9 to... probably 12-14 range?

So probably something like #13 at #16. It's annoying narrative-wise that a couple inches/seconds is the difference between that and hosting undefeated #5, given it's the same team, but hopefully they'll be broken like Duke after the Miami lateral game now.

Opening line is ND by 6.5 on FanDuel. When Sagarin updates, I expect its predictor to say ND by 4-5.

Probably the most important game in any sport in Duke history. If Duke wins, they are propelled to 9+ wins, more booster money, more investment, bolstered recruiting classes, and an eventual invite to the Big Ten with the initial crop of former ACC teams. If Duke loses, they will not have a conference or be part of a zombie conference, lose Elko quickly, fall back to irrelevance in football, and focus on medicine, law, business and religion. Duke basketball national championships never carried these consequences.

ND 27, Duke 6.

I was like 8 but I remember Ray Farmer being my hero. Was he really good at blocking field goals, or was that something my kid brain made up after seeing him do it once?
He jumped over the line once to block a FG. I remember him blocking a few FGs and PATs.

I was only like 10 but remember that team fondly. I agree with Pants that it seems like I recall him blocking multiple FGs that year.

Robert Baldwin was always my dude.

Attachments

• IMG_5904.jpeg
    IMG_5904.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2
If you're too young to remember the back to back 1-point losses to State and UNC, yes, they were extraordinarily painful.

Reactions: aiw
ND line is down to -4.5 or -5 at the sharpest books.

Duke’s odds to win the national championship imply a 0.6% chance. If they beat ND, that percentage should jump to >1%. Having a 1 in 100 chance to win it all has been unheard of in most of our lifetimes.

ND line is down to -4.5 or -5 at the sharpest books.

Duke’s odds to win the national championship imply a 0.6% chance. If they beat ND, that percentage should jump to >1%. Having a 1 in 100 chance to win it all has been unheard of in most of our lifetimes.

I was telling coworkers the other day that they don't realize that this is the first time in my football watching lifetime that I actually feel like there's a chance (even if it's only .001% of a chance) that Duke's the best team in the ACC. I've never truly felt that before but watching how they've played through 4 weeks, coupled with FSU's struggles to put away Clemson and suddenly I had that thought that maybe they actually were.

Anyone have a lead on 4 tix? I just checked Ticketmaster lol. Someone is selling general admission tickets for $196.00 a piece. Not mad at the hustle but Dad here can’t afford that. GoDuke

I’m 40 and having a serious conversation about taking my 11 year old and two year old twins to game day. Negotiations are not going well. Wife can stay home as she has brunch plans.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom