Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke at Florida State - Pregame/Predictions

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Least caring ever.

vVGT3.png

Yeah, relative to their goals FSU needs this one really bad.

I kinda want us to play the sandbag and stay healthy

I expect us to lose. I am ok with that because we are going bowling. I just hope no one gets injured but I would like to at least take a shot maybe for the first half.

Spread is 26-26.5. Mercy.

Clemson is only a 13-point favorite at Wake, which bodes well for Duke if their starters can get through 60 minutes of FSU alive. Clemson at Duke isn't impossible.

We should just play Boone in this one. Nothing can happen to Renfree but injury, might as well give Boone a 0.1% shot to score a touchdown.

I think FSU was -14 at NC State, so Duke just needs to play the greatest game ever like NC State did, as if this were a home game like it was for NC State, and also come up with 2 extra TDs somewhere. Then Duke wins.

not gonna happen. Thankfully I'll be at the Ga-Fla game at the same time so I won't even have to watch us get murdered.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I think FSU was -14 at NC State, so Duke just needs to play the greatest game ever like NC State did, as if this were a home game like it was for NC State, and also come up with 2 extra TDs somewhere. Then Duke wins.
Fsu was also -21.5 against Miami and that ended up being a 13 point win. So they're not really beating the spreads here recently.

BTW, I would absolutely take a "moral victory" here. If we could stay somewhat competitive and put up some points, I'd be happy, especially if it meant keeping some of our confidence. And double-especially if no one got seriously hurt.

Knock on wood, the offense has been pretty unscathed injury wise.

Front 7 on the defense seems to be fine as well. Gotta keep Butler, Canty, and Byas safe since we know they are playing through pain.

Keep running the ball and shorten the game.

FSU's Chris Thompson, a senior and the ACC's third-leading RB, is out for the season with an ACL injury.

I fear if Duke's starters play more than one half, we're going to be seeing headlines like "Duke QB Renfree suffers torn ACL" and "Three Duke RBs suffer season-ending injuries." Who is the 5th RB on the depth chart (after Scott)? Would putting walk-ons in at RB be too ridiculous?

The one good thing here is that I think we still rate as a letdown game for FSU (between road games at Miami and Virginia Tech). That won't be enough to make a difference, but maybe it will help to keep things respectable.

On the U at 3:30 this week

On the Deuce (I still think of 'The Ocho' whenever I say that) at 3:30 next week

Whodathunk?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Clemson is only a 13-point favorite at Wake, which bodes well for Duke if their starters can get through 60 minutes of FSU alive. Clemson at Duke isn't impossible.

I was thinking the same thing. We have a solid shot against Clemson, who was pretty sloppy and let BC stay in the game with them for 3 qtrs, got some serious home cooking against VPI. Also, we should beat Miami.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back