Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

UVA feels like our Kryptonite. They check every box for how to beat us -- elite defensive rebounding, elite transition defense, elite rim protection. Are there any tournament teams that also fit that profile?

DUKE THE FUCK UP

"I'm sick of holding my own," Izzo said. "I ain't into holding my own. Give them a lot of credit, they've got a good team, but this ain't about holding my own."

"I don't feel good about it was a tie game with four minutes left, three minutes left, I'm so far beyond that, and to be honest I'm so sick of it," Izzo said. "Our fans, our media, everybody should be upset. It's the 12th game, and we didn't win many."

We had 25 offensive rebounds against a program that prides itself on rebounding, and has 2 NBA players on their front line, as well as a good college player to round it out.

Elite rebounding by Duke last night.

Michigan State had 17 turnovers to our 9, we shot 11 more FT's. Typically hard to lose when you have such tremendous rebounding, turnover and FT advantages. MSU was 9-25 from three but Jaren Jackson made 3, and all of the ones Bridges hit were contested, so I still feel okay for now about our 3pt defense.

We had 25 offensive rebounds against a program that prides itself on rebounding, and has 2 NBA players on their front line, as well as a good college player to round it out.

Michigan State had 17 turnovers to our 9, we shot 11 more FT's. Typically hard to lose when you have such tremendous rebounding, turnover and FT advantages. MSU was 9-25 from three but Jaren Jackson made 3, and all of the ones Bridges hit were contested, so I still feel okay for now about our 3pt defense.

Yeah - it will be interesting to see how this develops. As someone wrote on D-F earlier this year, one of those mid-major type teams who predominantly shoots from outside may pose a challenge.

Yeah - it will be interesting to see how this develops. As someone wrote on D-F earlier this year, one of those mid-major type teams who predominantly shoots from outside may pose a challenge.

That's pretty much what Elon was and we dealt with that OK.

I don't think a mid-major team can beat us. Our size and athleticism and talent is just too overhwhelming.

I made a long post I think after the Elon game, and I noted that I think Notre Dame could beat us because they're a more talented, power conference team that will spread us out. They have great shooters and two guards capable of penetrating to really open things up. Any team that tries to run and rebound with us will lose. Virginia Tech could pose problems for us based on their ability to penetrate and kick as well. Don't think Louisville or UNC will be a problem.

UVA, in theory could be a pain because they will force us to shoot from the inside and they keep teams out of transition and rebound well. But, we'll see, I'm having a hard time believing UVA will keep us off of the glass when we out rebounded MSU by 12 and snatched 25 offensive rebounds.

they also don't have the offensive talent they had in 2015.

A few additional observations:

-We looked pretty nervous to start the game aside from Grayson and I think that translated in a lot of early misses
-Bagley and Carter both need to work on strengthening their bases. They got pushed around a lot/lost their balance a lot when they had the ball
-All the freshman kind of reminded me of Grayson in previous years trying to drive against teams like Kentucky where things that work 75% of the time ends up in blocked or severely altered shots. Duval is the only one who I thought eventually adjusted in the second half
-Love the passing on this team. And Grayson’s patience. It felt like only one of his shots (a corner 3) was forced

A few additional observations:

-We looked pretty nervous to start the game aside from Grayson and I think that translated in a lot of early misses
-Bagley and Carter both need to work on strengthening their bases. They got pushed around a lot/lost their balance a lot when they had the ball
-All the freshman kind of reminded me of Grayson in previous years trying to drive against teams like Kentucky where things that work 75% of the time ends up in blocked or severely altered shots. Duval is the only one who I thought eventually adjusted in the second half
-Love the passing on this team. And Grayson’s patience. It felt like only one of his shots (a corner 3) was forced

Same. The 3 off the inbound play. Dude was feeling it, though.

. MSU was 9-25 from three but Jaren Jackson made 3, and all of the ones Bridges hit were contested, so I still feel okay for now about our 3pt defense.
You and I have a different definition of "contested". On several of the 3s he attempted I don't think he was at all rushed or worried someone might affect his shot. Bridges gets very little lift on his 3 ball, and his release is slow. Duke just didn't extend out on him several times. A few times, he stood there and was like, "fuck it, if they're not going to come out here, I'll launch it."

Oh great, we have posters proclaiming we will hang a banner before the season starts now. That's what this place was missing.

Um let's see Axes has $4,070 of cash and you have $233. I'll go with the guy with the proven track record here when it comes to predictions.
Just going to revisit this post while I can before I squander everything.

First time listening to the TDD podcast. Pretty good honestly. @Topher is really great on the mic. I also forget that Carolinians have southern accents. For some reason it made me laugh. I think it's because I give everyone on here a midwestern voice.

Haven't listened to this one yet. But Topher is almost always the best part, both in on-mic skills and in basketball analysis.

The new Eye on College Basketball is up too. They always do a fair job discussing Duke. I would not recommend Mark Titus's Ringer podcast, however. Bunch of haters if there ever were any.

First time listening to the TDD podcast. Pretty good honestly. @Topher is really great on the mic. I also forget that Carolinians have southern accents. For some reason it made me laugh. I think it's because I give everyone on here a midwestern voice.

lol I don’t even think my accent is that strong. I appreciate the kind words, I’m still trying to get smoother at this after 40 episodes.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom