Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

They have to make it work, since UNC has a point guard who is competent at dribbling, passing and shooting, which makes Duke's m2m unplayable.

I just finished watching the game.

It was pretty similar to the BC game in the sense that we were on the road, played well to take a lead late, and then just choked it away- except for this time we pulled it together instead of falling apart down the stretch.

Duval 3. Reminded me of the Collins 3 vs Arkansas as far as terribleness of the shot, though in a less important situation.

Duval 3. Reminded me of the Collins 3 vs Arkansas as far as terribleness of the shot, though in a less important situation.
But really, how did that shot not go down? I’m a physicist, and I can’t explain that shit.

I'd prefer that Bagley come back soon (this week) if he's ever going to come back. There could be as few as 4 games left before the NCAAT, and I think it would be bad to not have him play with the rest of the team in the zone for a few games before then.

I’m done with watching this team until the d gets back up in the top 50. To lose because of poor effort and stupidity is just not fun to watch

Also Grayson is just depressing to watch. Worst career arc since Greg Paulus.

Definitely called the bottom much like retail investors investing at the top of the stock market.

So this is my unsubstantiated optimistic theory with regard to Bagley and recent rotations.

The coaching staff recognized how bad the defense was and what a major letdown it would be to underperform with this talent and finally caved into sticking with zone.

Not only that but the staff determined players would only play if they exhibited good defense in practice allowing Javin, Bolden and Jack White to play, this further solidifying our defense

While Duval remains horrendous on offense, he has been serviceable on d and even more so in zone where he is less likely to get lost, out of position or fail to help and generates more turnovers with his wing span in passing lanes. This is why he has continued to play as many minutes as he has despite being so bad on offense.

AOC still a terrible defender has thus been cut out of the rotation until his d gets better

Bagley too. However to save face and avoid media scrutiny around benching a top 3 draft pick, the staff has created this fake injury and are working hard with him in practice such that his net play becomes strongly positive and not barely positive to neutral.

He’s been improving hence the game time decision narrative but isn’t quite there

But hopefully he will be soon and we will

DUKE

THE

FUCK

UP

I know that's tongue in cheek but I just refuse to believe a player pulling down doube digit defensive rebounds per game is worth -20 on defense compared to DeLaurier.

It's the 2-3 and lack of super m2m insanity.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom