Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

I guarantee you Duval's efficiency will be about 15 points lower than Frank's would have been. Not sure whether a handful of extra assists would offset that. Maybe, when you factor in better overall ball movement, team chemistry, and pace of play. Personally, I am a little skeptical of the "true point guard" obsession.

Oh, he'll definitely be worse from an offensive rating POV, but I think having a dude with the handles and hopefully vision/decision-making to deal with pressure and push the pace gives us a different dimension and more flexibility. He also seems to have the length/quickness to be a ball-hawk on D, though Frank wasn't awful and would have been a 'veteran'.

I'll have to admit that Duval's Winslow-like looks vs. Frank's androgyny may play a part in my analysis.

BTW, it was in response to some Republican candidate for mayor saying that people should vote for her because she is white.

Every single one of her tweets since leaving the Duke beat reads as someone that is late night drunk tweeting.

If this is true then I think it benefits him. I always though he was a tad slow to be a small forward. If he can get to 6'10-6'11 220 over the next couple seasons then I think he'll live up to his draft ranking. His speed for the 4 would be fantastic.

Sign Westbrook, Lebron and then Zaza or McGee to a vet minimum.

Ball
Westbrook
Lebron
Ingram
Zaza\McGee

If they got Westbook and Lebron, two ball dominant guys then I'd trade Lonzo.

One of the best things about Irving and Tatum joining the Celtics is CLNS media network. It's like every fan's wet dream for their basketball team. Constant free intelligent content with experts.

Here, Tatum's trainer since he was 14 talks about the work they've done on his shot and game. The list of people this guy has worked with is impressive. He made Zach Lavine a really good NBA three-point shooter. He worked with Bradley Beal. But most interesting is that he worked with Tatum after our infamous NC State game last year. He widened Tatum's base. Tatum at that point was shooting 22% on threes. From then on, he shot 38%. Can we maybe get him to work with Duval?

Another thing to note is that he says Tatum is the most polished and NBA ready rookie he's ever worked with.

Interesting point about widening his base. Every time I go to the gym to get up some shots, they don't consistently go in until I remember to widen my stance. Amazing I have to remind myself to do this after 45 years of shooting a basketball.

This is a pretty good situation for Mason; not necessarily that staying with the Nuggets is a great situation for him PT and usage-wise, but he ended up getting paid pretty well given how much the well had dried up for free agents this seasons. Three years, $41 million gives him some security while being a very "tradeable" deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ees-three-year-41-million-deal-denver-nuggets

I actually think Denver is a solid fit for him. They're not far off from being a damn good team. Don't really see them making it to contender level but Murray, Harris, Chandler, Plumlee, Jokic is very solid. Give them a legit PG and that's a 4-5 seed.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom