Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

Why do people call things like KenPom "predictive" models? They are literally the opposite, at least as soon as the preseason values come off the books.

i understood these models as digging deeper and providing a clearer picture of what was happening on the court than simple, surface stats, and not intended to predict future results.

But then i see kenpom predicting games using what i assume to be his own system. So which is it? Someone fucking help me here.

You can use RPI as a predictor, too. It would just be really bad, because it's terrible at that and terrible at evaluating teams in general, which I guess Seth Davis is saying no one has ever been able to explain before.

I don't have a premo Pomeroy membership. Does it do particularly well at predicting games? It certainly seems that most of what people cite his website for is the adjusted descriptive stats based on past games.

I don't have a premo Pomeroy membership. Does it do particularly well at predicting games? It certainly seems that most of what people cite his website for is the adjusted descriptive stats based on past games.
His mean square error is generally among the best for predictive models. My Z-Rating was slightly better when I took the time to maintain it.

I would think the b2b college titles puts him over the top. Hell, just being involved with that pass to Laettner.

It's not as hard to get into the Basketball Half of Fame as some people imagine. Hill will definitely get in (even if it's not this go-around).

This is blowing up on NBA reddit and probably social media soon. JJ rehabs his image over 12 years from hated dookie white scum to likable white NBA guy from Duke, and in one misstep becomes *racist* hated dookie once again.

To be honest, I can't hear it very well and i'm not sure if he even said what they are saying he did, but when the larger media realizes they can push a story involving a white former Duke player and racism, I don't think they'll care.

Edit: I don't think he said it, but this video will still get tens of thousands of retweets regardless.

Redick is finished, unfortunately. Duke basketball will follow him down the trash chute shortly.

Translation:

You haven't finished coming, I've been in the moment the Vietnamese alligator bites your mother's skull, the brains of 18 crafts boil the medicine soup feed you to your prostrate in the bed of the unknown father, and then put your mother pork a knife cut down to make a bag heart, and your mother's Appendix I pulled out to make sausage. Your mother is shivering under my knife, I do not have to cut her, directly grabbed the hammer to blow your blind mother's head.

Meh, slip of the tongue and can't even tell for sure. If it was bad I'm sure he'd probably just say let me do a retake.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom