Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2017-2018 Discussion

NW and Baylor both suck. Francois just hurt his knee. Duke should be undefeated before losing at Wake in the final week.

Baylor, Duke's next opponent, is currently tied at the half with University of Texas San Antonio 7-7.

Baylor, Duke's next opponent, is currently losing in the 4th quarter against University of Texas San Antonio 17-7.

So, even with the hot start, I have a hard time seeing Duke with more than 7 wins.

@UNC is always a coin flip.
@VPI is a probable loss
Miami and FSU are likely losses
@Wake is probably a coin flip.

Baylor, @UVa, Pitt, @Army, GT are must wins.

If Duke catches a break @UNC, @Wake could give us 9 wins. If Duke really catches fire, this is the year to steal a win from one of Miami or FSU, since both are at home.

7-5 likely, with 9-3 reasonable. If Duke wins 10 or 11, probably means a new QB next year.

Duke rose to 33 on Sagarin, where they would be favored by 16 vs. Baylor and 8.5 vs. UNC. I think the lines will be smaller than that. Maybe 14, and then 3.5, depending on what happens this weekend.

Good call SMTTEM, Duke opened as a -12 favorite. Within an hour that went to -14.

16 teams outside of the top 25 got 1 or more AP poll votes. Duke was not one of them. I kind of thought we would get one or two.

"Ben, what is the meaning of Duke Football? ...Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women".

I thought the UNC game was at Duke, so disregard anything I've said about that point spread. I'm guessing UNC by 1-2.

Well I'm seeing Duke as a 2.5 point favorite on VegasInsider. Surprising. But sometimes the opening lines are inaccurate on that site.

I've seen -3 in a lot of places. I might lay all my eCash on UNC +3 for hedging purposes

It's -3 everywhere. Stunning line. I want to believe they know what they're doing, since they must understand how heavily UNC will be bet. They aren't going for even money on both sides with a line like this.

Sagarin has Duke at 29. We return 14/22 starters next season. Cutcliffe is building a legit ACC title contender, one that can actually hang with Clemson or FSU in 2 years.

Get blown out at UNC with an injury to Jones, and this all ends.

Sagarin has Duke at 29. We return 14/22 starters next season. Cutcliffe is building a legit ACC title contender, one that can actually hang with Clemson or FSU in 2 years.

Get blown out at UNC with an injury to Jones, and this all ends.

Really hope we get to see a senior Jones in 2019. Win ACC and plum Bowl game (we get screwed out of the playoff because Duke football), and Cut rides off into the sunset.

I felt this post sounded overly Axe-ish, so I added in getting shafted from the playoff to make it somewhat more conceivable.

So, even with the hot start, I have a hard time seeing Duke with more than 7 wins.

@UNC is always a coin flip.
@VPI is a probable loss
Miami and FSU are likely losses
@Wake is probably a coin flip.

Baylor, @UVa, Pitt, @Army, GT are must wins.

If Duke catches a break @UNC, @Wake could give us 9 wins. If Duke really catches fire, this is the year to steal a win from one of Miami or FSU, since both are at home.

7-5 likely, with 9-3 reasonable. If Duke wins 10 or 11, probably means a new QB next year.

That is spot on for me. Wake is going to be a tough one that can go either way. I am a little worried that Army is going to be much tougher than we would hope for also.

Duke is #27 in both polls. Somehow still behind 0-2 FSU in the coaches' poll. Worse than a team that has literally not won a game this season and just had a mediocre opponent at home.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom