Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2017-2018 Discussion

Miami favored by 5-6 points, mostly 5 or 5.5. That seems right based on a general feeling of everything about these programs, but isn't in line with Sagarin, which has Duke favored by 2. Indicates Duke has been outperforming its talent level with smoke and mirrors rather than superior coaching.

Will need to beat Army to get to 5-7 and hope that gets us into a bowl.

Wake handling FSU.

So, even with the hot start, I have a hard time seeing Duke with more than 7 wins.

@UNC is always a coin flip.
@VPI is a probable loss
Miami and FSU are likely losses
@Wake is probably a coin flip.

Baylor, @UVa, Pitt, @Army, GT are must wins.

If Duke catches a break @UNC, @Wake could give us 9 wins. If Duke really catches fire, this is the year to steal a win from one of Miami or FSU, since both are at home.

7-5 likely, with 9-3 reasonable. If Duke wins 10 or 11, probably means a new QB next year.

Adjusting for recent play, we got the coin flip vs UNC, but Miami was a solid loss.

@VPI loss
@Wake loss
@UVa, Pitt, Army I'm still calling wins, but not as bullish.
GT loss

The big question mark to me is FSU. This is absolutely the year to beat them when they are down, but I'm still expecting a loss.

FSU loss

Duke goes 7-5 still, IMO, but the road games at UVa and Army will determine if we go bowling or not.

I think we beat GT. We've got an elite run defense and have the triple option schemed.

Not starting the UVA thread, but Duke opened at -4.5!!!?!?!??!

Apparently already down to -2

Seven games left. All winnable. All losable.

Somewhere between 6-8 wins feels reasonable.

After today's loss at Virginia I'm thinking maybe we can make Army and Pitt our bitches to get six wins and an invitation to the Mountain Dew-Skeeter Bug Tussle Bowl in Shreveport or Birmingham.

After today's loss at Virginia I'm thinking maybe we can make Army and Pitt our bitches to get six wins and an invitation to the Mountain Dew-Skeeter Bug Tussle Bowl in Shreveport or Birmingham.

Georgia Tech and Wake are also winnable. FSU is 1-3, but they have way more talent. Maybe they'll be checked out given how poorly their season has gone. VT is a loss.

We should definitely make a Bowl, but this feels like a 6-6 or 7-5 team. 8-4 is probably the ceiling.

I think the 4-0 start was fools gold. Duke beat an FCS team, 2-3 Northwestern, 0-5 Baylor, and 1-5 North Carolina. All four teams were terrible, honestly.

Duke is good enough to beat bad teams, but are nowhere close to being contenders in the ACC. Maybe in 2018 or 2019. Don't forget, the team is very young still. Loads of freshmen and sophomores in the two-deep on both sides of the ball.

Syracuse's win over Clemson motivated me to look up Cut's record against top 10 teams at Duke. It's 0-8.

Only two of those have been since the program got rolling in 2013 ('13 to FSU and last year to Louisville), but still, he hasn't led us to a "groundbreaking" win yet, and likely will not.

I wanted to throw something when we roughed the kicker down three with two minutes left.

But since it's Duke football, I laughed instead.

Cut and Rivera are the same. Weird/dumb play calling. Overly loyal to assistants. Terrible clock managers. Cut, however, is unfireable, which is fine, I guess. We'll never get better than we are though. Have we been this good long enough that we can complain after years and years of futility?

Just left the game. So fucking annoyed. What the hell was that half back pass? Also do we not coach proper tackling?!

Just left the game. So fucking annoyed. What the hell was that half back pass? Also do we not coach proper tackling?!

Halfback pass and Harris on 3rd and 6. Terrible.

Anyway, we've tackled really well all year until today. They are much more beastly than anyone else we've played.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back