Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

Closed Account 1

Recruit
Closed Account
A.k.a., the Laura Keeley honorarium thread (our favorite Duke beat reporter).

Post articles related to the team, positive tweets, etc.

No full-text articles. If it's a good article, link it so they get the traffic.

Nice piece to start off with: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/07/ ... -from.html

If you post bleacher report articles here, I will lobby to have you baned.

She fidgets a little too much, but my respect for her is infinite.

Last edited by a moderator:
thewiseben said:
If you post bleacher report articles here, I will lobby to have you baned.

The formally approved Duke Forum colloquial term is, of course, "bain't..." :D

dkst0426 said:
rome8180 said:
She fidgets a little too much
A little? Damn, it's like she's in withdrawal or something.
That's incredibly rude. She's an intelligent, articulate basketball mind who contributes plenty to the Duke basketball community.

JohaadDBC said:
dkst0426 said:
rome8180 said:
She fidgets a little too much
A little? Damn, it's like she's in withdrawal or something.
That's incredibly rude. She's an intelligent, articulate basketball mind who contributes plenty to the Duke basketball community.
Yeah, I figured someone might have that reaction, hence my edit.

thewiseben said:
DukeNukem05 said:
I'm still trying to figure out what's behind him.

A line of people waiting to talk to the finest non-K basketball mind in the triangle.
That makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not sure why I didn't see that before.

“I thought I was there,” he said. “I stepped over, before he got in stride, I think. I haven’t seen a replay but I thought I was there. He didn’t stop, he ran right into me, so I think it was a charge. They called it a charge, so it’s a charge.

“I was shocked. I thought I was there, but I didn’t expect it, especially with the game being that close, a one-possession game at that time.”

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/02/22/ ... rylink=cpy

The bolded is pretty telling, imo.

Greg Doyel actually wrote something good. I even agreed with this part:

"I applaud him," Coach K said, pretty much the three dumbest words this very smart man has uttered in his Hall of Fame career.

You applaud him? This wasn't Coach K being snarky, saying he applauds Boeheim because what Boeheim did guaranteed a victory for Duke. This was Coach K refusing to do the math that C.J. Fair was suggesting, refusing to acknowledge that this masterful college basketball game, one that had both coaches gushing about their sport and that specific game's place in its history, was decided in the final 10 seconds by one person losing his mind.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer ... d-that-way

if the legacy of that game is Boeheim looking like an ass and not some kind of terping dook-gets-all-the-calls 2004 redux narrative that could actually harm us, i'm all for it.

I could be wrong but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it really does anything to the narrative of duke gets all the calls. I'd say it's a pretty even split as far as what the media has said about the actual call. I tend to believe Boeheim's reaction, and taking his team out of the game will be more remembered.

For what it may be worth, I listed to Mad Dog Sports Radio today...each one of the commentators (save for Adam Schein) shot the "Duke gets all the calls" mantra to shit. In particular, Evan Cohen made some pretty level-headed commentary about it on his morning show.

Personally, I do not give a fuck what anyone else thinks about this matter.

I wouldn't mind, at least next year. They're losing Fair, Grant, and probably Ennis too. We might lose some guys but I think we should have a lot more talent than they do. I'd love to take it to Gbinije a few more times, especially after that lucky shit he hit in the last game.

I'd rather play a tough but exciting game viewed by millions than play Wake Forest (even though I am the one who thinks our upcoming game against them could be tough).

Even our loss up there was one of the more enjoyable games of the year for me.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back