Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Opens 2021 Season at Charlotte

Inveigle

All American
Charlotte 49ers: CFN College Football Preview 2021

Duke kicks off the 2021 Football Season on a Friday night, September 3rd at 7:00pm, against the Charlotte 49ers at Jerry Richardson Stadium. Last season Duke was able to win this game 51-19 at Wallace Wade Stadium. Duke was introducing a Clemson QB transfer who looked to lead Duke back to a bowl game. But the Duke offense waned as the season wore on leading the nation in turnovers and so once again Duke found itself sitting out another bowl season. Can they get back this season? It has to start in Charlotte.

Duke is -6.5

Prediction:

Duke 28
Charlotte 21

Wow, that's a brutally sobering line for an opponent our juggernaut of a team beat by 32 points a year ago.

We're picked last in the pre-season Coastal Division and LAST in the ACC as well.

Cutcliffe's contract, which was extended through the 2022 season in May, 2019, is worth $2,669,345 annually. Since Duke is a private school, information about bonuses and buyouts have not been released to the public. Cutcliffe's salary makes him the tenth-highest paid of the ACC's 14 head coaches and 53rd nationally.

Hey! Charlotte fan here. I'm looking forward to our FB game this Friday. Last year was a cluster f*** for us with all of the covid cancellations. I hope we can give you guys a better game this year. We probably played our worst game of the year against you guys with 2 fumbles, 5 sacks, two blocked kicks and gave up 3 runs of 60 yards or more. You guys had a great DL last year so I know that played a big part in our miscues.

From what has been reported the team is 85% vaccinated so we are hoping there will be no issues on that front. We don't have any notable injuries at this point that I am aware of. Its unclear if DL Jalar Holley (transfer from Miami) is cleared to play this year. He was a late entry into the transfer portal. I think I heard in an interview with Cutcliffe that Gary Smith's status for this week was unknown. Any updates on him? He is projected to start up front, correct?

Anyway, if anyone is making the trip down to the QC I hope you enjoy your visit. If you have time take a walk around campus. Charlotte really is a beautiful campus and we have the second largest student body in the UNC system behind NC State and just ahead of the Chapel Hill.

How every power five football coach will be fired | College |  siouxcityjournal.com

Are you ready for some football?

Very I’m not owned corncob quote there

There's two things that this team doesn't do well at all...

1) Blocking
2) Tackling

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back