Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

He had nice things to say about K and Duke, but the general consensus seems to be we're a long shot. That makes me sad.

#26 composite in 2019 (same year as offerees Hurt and Antoine).

“I know Coach K is a great coach and I visited there twice this fall. Coach (Jon) Scheyer likes my game. They have been to a couple of my games and once I talked to coach Scheyer on the phone, he said they haven’t offered the 2019s yet but that I am definitely who they are looking at.”

Bacot is already garnering comparisons to Jahlil Okafor that are not too far off. His low post skillset, size and hands are elite and so is the upside out of the Team Loaded product. Look for Virginia, Kansas and Duke to be in the mix until the very end with Virginia Tech as a dark horse for the big man’s commitment.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-armando-bacot-a-rising-priority-in-2019-class

Armando Bandicoot. Armour Bacon. I can't decide.

He seems to be a big Duke fan. Assuming he commits and K is still coaching, he'll get over that in about a year.

Yeah that one seems in the bag already, without needing any cash, and he doesn't have the skillset to be an OAD. Hopefully he is as a junior/senior what we thought Bolden could be as a freshman, due to actually wanting to be at Duke and caring about anything in life.

Oh, Roy already offered him. Let's see if K just goes down Roy's list and offers everyone on it. Good enough for Roy, good enough for K.

Little's most reasonable comparison is Kawhi Leonard. Elite 3pt shooter and defender at 4 positions. Only #23 composite in 2018, so not necessarily OAD. The near-perfect recruit for analytics folks here.

UNC is the heavy favorite to land him.

I hope Little is aware we are also pursuing Barrett and Reddish in the same class and that he likely won't play. Top 25 recruits are usually not down with that. But if we want to go through this song and dance that leads to a sophomore-year transfer, fine.

He's top 25 based on the composite rankings but 247 has him listed as the #8 player in their own rankings. That said I'd rather just get Reddish and Barrett.

Nasty Nas.

Little apparently views himself as one-and-done. I have no problem with the 'wide net' recruiting approach, but given the other priorities Duke has identified earlier (Reddish, possibly RJ), combined with Little's desire to leave early, I strongly believe he'll be playing somewhere else.

There were some St. John's vibes early on, but that could change to another program.

I hope Little is aware we are also pursuing Barrett and Reddish in the same class and that he likely won't play. Top 25 recruits are usually not down with that. But if we want to go through this song and dance that leads to a sophomore-year transfer, fine.

FWIW I much prefer Little to Reddish, especially if we land Barrett. Little would be a really great 4 for us, and Barrett can play at the 3 where he's better suited than the stretch 4, imo. It's a shame we didn't get on Little earlier.

Don't read too much into the UNC CB for Little- Slater has a CB pick which was recent for Arizona. It seems like the UNC picks snowballed simply because they offered him and he tweeted #goheels

Best case scenario for us IMO (assuming we won't land Zion) is that Zion goes to Kansas, Reddish goes to Villanova and we land Barrett and Little.

If we don't land Barrett I will view this class as a failure.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom