Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

I know it's been said that we have a lot of work to do in the 2019 class, but between Antoine and Bacot that's pretty solid, and we seem to be firmly in the mix for Hurt. Also, I know UNC currently leads for Moore in the CB, but considering our track record with wings compared to UNC, and that we will be sending more one and done players into the league next season, and could potentially be adding a star Barrett on the wing we should be able to make up ground extremely quick on Moore.

Our 2019 class may be a little down compared to our recent classes, but, assuming we don't have another cycle of transfers the roster should should be well supported by juniors and seniors. Jordan Tucker, O'Connell, DeLaurier, Jack White should be a nice group of upperclassmen.

Last edited:
I have been told by someone close to Moore that he is very high on Duke and that we could land him if we actually offer.

Yeah Slap - Cole Anthony is a stud and by all accounts I have read, a great kid.

He is Greg Anthony's son, for those that are not aware.

After the snafu with Chase Jeter's dad, I don't feel optimistic about our chances with any former UNLV player's son.

That's good news. I would imagine then that we didn't screw up with him, at least yet. If Duval performs well this season and is a lottery pick on at least a second weekend team than I would feel pretty good about our PG situation moving ahead recruiting wise. A popular one and done usually tends to alleviate any recruiting pains at that position.

Oh, Roy already offered him. Let's see if K just goes down Roy's list and offers everyone on it. Good enough for Roy, good enough for K.

Why, yes. K is in fact going down Roy's list:

Here's a good highlight video of him, though it looks like he's significantly bigger than everyone else on the court. 6'9" 245 with at least some kind of jump shot. With Barrett's reclassification, he's now the #1 player in the class.

Does anyone know if the tide is turning for UNC on the recruiting trail, or are they just changing strategy and offering a ton of highly rated kids early with the hope that even if just 2-3 commit it's better than the 2-3 stars they've been getting?

RJ Hampton is a 2020 PG that Duke has expressed interest in:

• Attends and competes for Little Elm High School (Texas), where he helped his team to a 29-5 record and the 2017 District 14-15A championship as a freshman; started all 34 games and averaged 24.8 ppg., 8.0 rpg., 4.9 apg., 3.2 spg. and 2.3 bpg.
  • Competes for Texas B.U. Nation in the adidas Gauntlet Uprising.

• 2017 MaxPreps Freshman All-American first team.
  • 2017 Texas Association of Basketball Coaches Class 5 All-State.
  • 2017 Dallas Morning News Newcomer of the Year.
  • 2017 District 14-15A MVP.
  • 2017 Inside High School Sports Newcomer of the Year.
  • 2017 all-state and all-region first team.

• Gold Medal: 2017 FIBA U16 Americas Championship.
  • Member of the 2017 USA Basketball Men's U16 National Team that captured the gold medal with a perfect 5-0 record at the FIBA U16 Americas Championship and qualified the U.S. for the 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup.
  • Participated in the 2016 USA Basketball Junior National Team October minicamp.

• Earned his school’s President’s Award and is on the A Honor Roll.
  • Grandfather, Richard Evans, served in Vietnam.
  • Father played basketball at Southern Methodist University and professionally in the CBA and Europe.

• Is currently considering University of Arizona, UCLA, Duke University, University of Kansas, University of Kentucky, University of North Carolina, Oklahoma State University and University of Texas.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom