Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

It's weird but with us landing Reddish, I think Zion would likely fit better than Barrett would. Not saying Barrett doesn't fit and I actually prefer Barrett but Zion as a 4 in Duke's system would solve a lot of toughness and rebounding issues. If we could throw out Jones, Garland(O'Connell), Reddish, Zion, Del(Vrank) then I think that team could contend.

Saw someone post on another board that we're not treating Williamson and Barrett as mutually exclusive. Think Zion at the 4 and Barrett at the 2, more or less.

Whether they'd both be receptive to that remains to be seen.

I like our chances for both.

Zion cancelled his visit with UK but may reschedule
I don't have the energy to sign up and all that, but telling Rupp Rafters that they frankly are going to swing and miss for Zion, Cam, and RJ would be very pleasing to me. The fact all 3 could (and should, IMO) end up in Durham has me thinking wild thoughts like Rihanna.

More cringeworthy:

A. The fact all 3 could (and should, IMO) end up in Durham has me thinking wild thoughts like Rihanna

-OR-

B.
DJf5bGaWsAA_Aed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw someone post on another board that we're not treating Williamson and Barrett as mutually exclusive. Think Zion at the 4 and Barrett at the 2, more or less.

Whether they'd both be receptive to that remains to be seen.

I like our chances for both.

I have no doubt. That's what any coach with a killer instinct would want.

Like you, I like our chances.

Tre Jones, Darius Garland, Jordan Goldwire
R.J. Barrett, Alex O'Connell
Cameron Reddish, Jordan Tucker, Jack White
Zion Williamson, Javin DeLaurier, Justin Robinson
David McCormack OR Emmitt Williams, Antonio Vrankovic

Starting five freshmen. That should work out well. Some people think the shiny new thing is always better.
Hoping that doesn't happen. I'm hoping Trent and Bolden come back and we land Barrett.

Jones fr
Barrett fr
Trent so
Reddish fr
Bolden jr or Vrank/DeL

I think you can win a title with 3 freshmen starting, 4-5 is pushing it.

Substitute Javin for Bolden. I just don't see any way MB will be back at Duke next year.

I strongly believe that Trent will also declare for draft, regardless of how modest his 2017/18 performance may turn out to be. He will probably physically be ready for the pros, even if his skills/decision making require refinement.

I'm warming up a lot to the idea of Jones-Barrett-Reddish-Zion-DeLaurier

The motion offense we are putting in this season would be even smarter because it would transition well to the following team with those pieces.

At 6'7 Zion lacks the height to ideally play PF, but he's strong and is 230lbs according to ESPN. He's athletic, quick feet. Any concerns about being undersized at PF should be alleviated with being big and athletic at every other position. DeLaurier is 6'10, Reddish is 6'8-6'9 and Barrett is 6'6. Jones is 6'1 but rebounds well for his position.

It would probably be amazing offensively but not nearly as bad as 2014 defensively.

Zion would be a great 4 in college. Would not be pushed around inside and he will not be stopped on the perimeter.

Zion is taller and bigger than Justice. It would work just fine. Heck, I think Zion could even play center. I do NOT think he should play SF.

Under no circumstances should Zion play SF. He's like Knox in that respect, IMO. Speaking of Knox, what an upgrade Bagley is.

Yep. Def don't think it would be an elite rebounding team because it's a K team but rebounding wouldn't worry me. Team chemistry would be my biggest worry. I think Jones, DeL and Reddish would be fine but I would think Zion and Barrett would want to be the alpha.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back