Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player E.J. Montgomery

I guess ESPN's ranking is the main one pulling Montgomery down to #12 composite. Rivals #11, ESPN #16.

Scout/247 ranked Duval the lowest, but only slightly lower than the other services. Scout/247 ranked Derryck Thornton more significantly lower than the other services.

Scout/247 is probably right about Duke's class - 1, 2, 3, 6, 9 gives Duke 3 of the top 3, 5 of the top 9. Should be good enough for Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight.

Duke won a national title with 1, 8, 13, 26, senior Quinn Cook, juniors Amile/Plumlee, and sophomore Matt Jones.

We have a shot this year with 1, 6, 7, 17, senior Grayson, and the shitheads.

It will certainly be interesting to see if we can win it again with 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, juniors Bolden/Javin, and sophomore AOC. We still have 1 more scholly, too.

We will be the favorites in Vegas.

BTW, I still maintain last year was a perfect storm of tragedies, and I refuse to count it.

I have read somewhere that the 2016/17 men's college basketball season never happened due to cancellation.

More likely than not to suffer at least one major injury each season. I'd guess Zion ACL, but hoping it happens to someone less important in winning basketball games instead.

That's cute.

Has UNC ever gotten anyone who the tandem of K and Capel wanted?

I guess the last guy we lost to them was Barnes and that was pre-Capel.

One of the head guys at the Kentucky site just picked Duke on the crystal ball.

Now up to 83%.

Some mods on Rivals are also extremely confident.

I was kinda more excited about this when I could convince myself that he's a center rather than a 200 lb. SF/PF.

I was kinda more excited about this when I could convince myself that he's a center rather than a 200 lb. SF/PF.
Yeah, I'm finding it hard to see why he'd be a better college center than Zion.

On the plus side, his inclusion probably means we get another year of big ball, which after multiple years of small ball is a fun change at least.

I'm not saying I'm here for lineups with an injured Amile Jefferson at center, but I'm cool with stretch fours every year, and I'm excited about watching Reddish in that role, like a bizarro Winslow with his offensive and defensive skills reversed.

Of course, Winslow turned out to be surprisingly great for us on offense. Maybe Reddish will surprise on defense (lol).

Has anyone seen EJ play? Would he fit with these guys as the center we need?

I've seen highlights and read reports from people I respect.

- took a big leap from junior to senior year- was the number 1 player in his class a few years ago but development kind of stalled
- not hefty but is long and makes up for it with quickness
- plus rebounder and will block his fair share of shots
- has 3-point range
- apparently a very good free throw shooter (!!!!!!!!!!!)

I think he's a great for coach K's defense since he's so mobile and long.

E.J. is a lefty. That means he is a Duke lock.

Also described as a fantastic passer.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30