Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player E.J. Montgomery

NEW MIXTAPE ALERT.

I am absolutely convinced E.J. can be a good fit at C for us. We would have 5 guys who could be 3-point threats.

He is essentially a more fluid/under control and beefier Javin with actual basketball skills.

You guys watch the vid and let me know what you think.

Kinda reminds me of McAdoo

McAdoo averaged 6 and 4 as a freshman. Honestly sounds about right- maybe a little low. I bet Bolden and Montgomery (if we get him) will combine for the majority of minutes at the 5.

I read or heard somewhere that E.J. doesn't consider himself a OAD. I can't recall exactly.

Also of note: both his parents played at NC Central.

I read that somewhere too and can't remember where. I could get on board with a Baker/Williams/DeLaurier frontcourt in two years. Would love to have Bolden but I think IF he sticks around one more year it finally "clicks" and he gets drafted.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...-important-2018-prospect-still-on-the-board-1

Some snippets:

A 6-foot-10 power forward, Montgomery has finally tapped into all of the potential that most have seen in him during his senior high school season. Capable of sliding between either frontcourt position, he brings loads of upside, talent and versatility to the court. Montgomery is mobile enough to produce whenever the game picks up, agile enough to guard a high ball screen, skilled enough to score out to the arc and now tough enough to finish within the lane.
Montgomery would immediately boost optimism at Wake Forest, South Carolina, USC, Clemson, Vanderbilt, Georgia and Georgetown, while a commitment to North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky or UCLA would elevate that program to a national title favorite.

The way that Montgomery has played this winter, he looks the part of a season changing type of prospect

agile enough to guard a high ball screen

Didn't need to paste anything else. This is all Duke should be looking for.

DraftExpress was extremely high on Montgomery a few years ago. Considered whether Montgomery or Bagley would be the best prospect in the class before Bagley was a clear reclassification prospect.

Still sounds like his best use would be as a smallball center for Duke, which is what will likely be the default lineup because Duke will have good size at other positions even in smallball. Not convinced bulk at center would be necessary to contain Jack Salt.

Ideally we combine Montgomery and Williamson into one long fat athletic guy.

Last edited:
Still sounds like his best use would be as a smallball center for Duke, which is what will likely be the default lineup because Duke will have good size at other positions even in smallball. Not convinced bulk at center would be necessary to contain Jack Salt.

Ideally we combine Montgomery and Williamson into one long fat athletic guy.

I agree. Hopefully Bolden is back and E.J. commits; then, we'll have two options at center without having to resort to Zion at the 5 and Cam at the 4. That would be bad. Bolden is a master at guarding the high ball screen. Like others have said, you just can't count on him being healthy or playing a ton of minutes right now.

O'Connell breaks out like sophomore Allen. Vrank, J-Rob, Goldwire and White provide a steadying veteran presence. Javin as super "glue guy" with good defense. Bolden and E.J. man the center position. The other four freshmen live up to their 5-star billing. Duke wins a natty champer with only 1-3 losses.*

* All of this absolutely will not happen. No chance. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I almost thought old Axe was back. That asterisk gave me reassurance.

E.J. only had 10 points against Pebblebrook.

I just want him now to spite the UK and UNC fans who think he's a monster.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom