Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player E.J. Montgomery

If an injury happens to any of our incoming recruits, I would actually hope it was Zion. Most devastating would be Tre. Reddish and Barrett roughly equal.

I bet you can't spot E.J.!

Is that him walking to the Crazies in the Supervisor shirt?

Pretty sure that’s @aiw.

S2wcrDEBc6-2.png

lol- I won't post that article but Coach K is the best at selling bullshit in the business right now. He doesn't do it in a way like Calipari where it sounds so unbelievable, like when Cal told Harry Giles he would play the 2 at Kentucky. But, he sells the "you will play like LeBron and KD when I coached Team USA!" or "We are going to play like the Warriors!"

It's a good skill that he's spent a lifetime developing so kudos. As a fan I'm enjoying watching the recruits just all jump on it.

Watzone never being able to focus a picture still makes me laugh

I don't recall the Golden State Warriors losing in the 2nd Round. Maybe he meant the 2007 Warriors.
Generally a fan of your work- you are capable of better posts than this!

A. Harry Giles' career was ruined by knee injuries. The Warriors have good health.

B. K was comparing NEXT year's team to the Warriors, which is TBD. I can absolutely see us being a college version if the rest of the roster shakes out right.

Anyway: I came to post the mod on North Carolina's Rivals site says he's "not feeling it" with regard to EJ and UNC.

I don't expect us to play defense like the Warriors. Also, the joke was that K manages to find a way to squander elite talent and he probably will next year too.

What was 2014's excuse, out of curiosity? I don't recall any injuries. But I do recall two high NBA-level talents who went on to start for playoff-level teams.

I don't expect us to play defense like the Warriors. Also, the joke was that K manages to find a way to squander elite talent and he probably will next year too.

What was 2014's excuse, out of curiosity? I don't recall any injuries. But I do recall two high NBA-level talents who went on to start for playoff-level teams.

Well, K has finally proven he is not stubborn on defense and we are really good now!

And we had Jabari playing center. If anything K should be lauded for squeezing 26 wins out of that bunch.

I also see your 2014 and raise you 2015.

Flukes also happen in this sport. Bill Self is a fabulous coach and he lost in the 1st round in back-to-back years to Bucknell and Bradley.

K should definitely be lauded for his sub-100 defense. Just like he should be lauded when the next season his players somehow figured out how to defend in the last few games after being horrible all season.

Bill Self cruises through an overrated Big 12 every year and then underachieves in the tournament. He's good, but not fabulous.

And we had Jabari playing center. If anything K should be lauded for squeezing 26 wins out of that bunch.
GTFO with that nonsense. There might have been 5 coaches in the nation who wouldn't have traded for Duke's roster that year.

2014 was not a great coaching year at all, but to be fair, 4 years removed from it, Jabari and Hood are still god awful defenders despite four seasons of NBA coaching, and Hood is still somewhat of a mental midget when it comes to getting overwhelmed by the moment. We shouldn't have lost to Mercer FFS, but I don't hold that season against K as much as I used to.

GTFO with that nonsense. There might have been 5 coaches in the nation who wouldn't have traded for Duke's roster that year.

That's your opinion. I'm not keen on teams playing guys wildly out of position while having no post depth at all.

There was plenty of depth up front. Marshall Plumlee was in his 3rd year at Duke. Ojeleye was just a freshman, but he could have played some, too. The coaches chose not to play them as much. The problem was overplay as usual. Duke fouled a ton due to the new fouling rules emphasis, and added to the layup lines given up like every other Duke team - until this season - the defense was a disaster.

Also, why do people continually act like a Hood, Jabari, and Amile frontcourt is small and out of position in college basketball?

Axe, you can't make excuses for every single bad season in Duke basketball history without being viewed as a joke here. Coach K has had top 5 talent every year since 2009, often top 1 talent. It's up to him to use that talent properly and develop all his 4- and 5-star recruits so that we don't end up in situations where players are out of position or a single injury makes the season an unsalvageable mulligan.

2017 and 2014 were coaching disasters to any rational person. When you make every excuse for the coaching in those seasons, you discredit yourself. Jabari was playing center because the coaches decided to play him at center, over other former 4- and 5-star recruits. Giles being injured doesn't excuse a team that has that much talent on it. It's like saying Steve Kerr did a fine coaching job when the Warriors failed two years ago, given that Draymond Green was suspended for one game in the Finals. The Warriors fan version of you would argue that no coach could have overcome that. That person would be a joke.

The nerve of us to play a 6'8" 250 lb kid with a 7'0" wingspan, whose best college assets were his better-than-Bagley 24.7 rebounding rate and his post footwork, at center.

Also, what position do you think Zion should play next year?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back