Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Funding Life Foundation

ChibCU

All American
I started up a non-profit foundation to assist families who have children undergoing cancer treatment. The site just went public and the first family's story is up for you to read. If you get the chance please like the Facebook page and check out the website.

http://www.facebook.com/fundinglife

http://www.fundinglifefoundation.org

3GS0Szt.jpg

We have received 1,000 dollars from donations. I will be writing the family the first check within the week.

Alexis will be getting her bone marrow transplant on April 25th.

Needed 160 dollars last night. I went over to my banker friend's for some beer pong, flip cup, etc and at around 2 AM he wrote a check for that amount. Hustling in the late, drunken hours.

This is the kind of charity I can get behind. There appears to be the minimal amount of middle ground non sense you sometimes hear about.

Please take the time to read about the start of the “Cheer For Lexy” campaign! We are asking for everyone to participate and show Alexis that she has a multitude of supporters cheering her on. If you can, please have a picture taken of yourself, family, coworkers, etc. holding signs saying “I (or We) Cheer For Lexy”, and then upload it on your Facebook wall. Then after the picture is uploaded, please tag the Funding Life Foundation page in the picture so that it will show up on the foundation page. You can also message the page with the picture attached, but the first option would be best.

Get creative with locations, signs, personalizing, and participants. This is a great way for us to bolster the spirits of Alexis and family as she finishes this round of chemotherapy and prepares for the transplant.Thank you!

She's on her 12th day of the transplant and she's been having constant fevers which are somewhat expected. But the fevers have been high and they believe they are being caused by an infection as opposed to engraftment of the bone marrow. An infection can be pretty bad for someone whose immune system is so ravaged like hers currently is. They'll know more when she's healthier to get scoped and in the meantime they upped her dosage of anti-fungal IV medication.

Did she get her own stem cells or was this a donor transplant?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom