Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Gary Trent Jr.

Not only has his shot selection been pretty great, but I am really impressed with his finishing. How many and-ones has he had already counting the exhibitions? At least one a game.

I'd also put him easily in the top 10 freshman defenders we've had. He's often sliding backwards into the right spot to cover someone in the zone while instructing one of his teammates whom to pick up. The vocal leadership is impressive from a frosh.

I feel like zone is a better fit for most of the freshmen. A lot of those guys have been playing a 2-3 zone in HS and AAU ball.

Sounds like a UConn player from when they still had a good men's basketball program. No fucks about missing a shot, plays defense like he knows he's going to destroy you. Interested to see if he gets cross matched on Miles Bridges a lot, and how he handles it inside.

Sounds like a UConn player from when they still had a good men's basketball program. No fucks about missing a shot, plays defense like he knows he's going to destroy you. Interested to see if he gets cross matched on Miles Bridges a lot, and how he handles it inside.

Matt Jones did a great job denying Bridges the ball in last year's game. It would be interesting seeing GT guard him Tuesday night.

He just plays like one of those dudes that hits big shots and won’t let his team lose.
Yeah my favorite thing about him is his irrational confidence so far. I wasn't expecting him to be able to take on any ball handling duties and he seems to not turn it over instantly. Hooray for low expectations
I don't think I quite realized just how irrational that confidence is... definitely a love / hate guy

Not a great shooting night, but it seemed he kept his head in the game the whole time and was ready to shoot. Ended up on Bridges a lot in the zone, and in the few m2m minutes.

Every scouting report from high school said he was a streaky shooter. Kudos to all the scouts for not being incompetent.

He just plays like one of those dudes that hits big shots and won’t let his team lose.
Yeah my favorite thing about him is his irrational confidence so far. I wasn't expecting him to be able to take on any ball handling duties and he seems to not turn it over instantly. Hooray for low expectations
I don't think I quite realized just how irrational that confidence is... definitely a love / hate guy
Haha yup hit the big one though never any doubt that one was going in

Yeah, that was the biggest shot of the game. If it wasn't for the irrational confidence, he would have looked to pass that after the night he was having. Most guys would have passed in that situation if they had struggled like that.

He has really struggled at the beginning of the year. His role on offense needs to be solely open 3s. Very average from 3 and abysmal inside the arc. Good FT% but is really bad at getting to the line. I don't know how Trent goes pro this year.

He's also playing the 2nd most minutes on the team which is insane

He has really struggled at the beginning of the year. His role on offense needs to be solely open 3s. Very average from 3 and abysmal inside the arc. Good FT% but is really bad at getting to the line. I don't know how Trent goes pro this year.

He's also playing the 2nd most minutes on the team which is insane

I would like to see him attack the rim more frequently. He does not outjump people, but I think his strength would make him a decent finisher in the lane or at minimum force defenders to foul him.

He seems to be pretty good at the corner three. Should maybe just stick to that and defense for a bit.

I am okay with him driving if he sees a wide open lane. What I would really like him to eliminate is the drive into three defenders followed by a spin move into a fadeaway 10-footer.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom