Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Glowing USA Today article

dcdevil

Role Player
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... e/1627431/

I really wanted to rub the noses of the fire Cut crowd in this article.

Maybe he got a raw deal at Ole Miss, maybe he wasn't fully appreciated at Tennessee. But redemption doesn't come from failure as much as success, and the final piece is almost in place.

There are programs where it's hard to win and programs where the climb seems impossible, and Duke has forever been on the wrong side of the line. Which is why if Cutcliffe is able to pull this off, it might be a bigger accomplishment than anything he did at Ole Miss.

This has been hard work, getting to five wins by mid-October, and getting No. 6 might be the hardest yet. But no matter where you are, and no matter how many people forgot it, good coaches win eventually.

Is Cutcliffe a good head coach? The argument is now closed, even if he had to go all the way to Duke to prove it.
"I'm the luckiest guy in the business," he said. "People keep asking me, 'Do you think you've gotten there?' We better just enjoy the process, and if you don't like competition and don't like battles, don't take any of these jobs. I try to tell our players that: Don't be worried about the destination, just enjoy the heck out of what we're doing."

They're enjoying it now.

Great article. I won't lie that I don't like Cut's insistance on keeping his coordinators (Roper), and that the play calling at the beginning of the year frustrated me to the point of wanting to consider other options, but he's earned more than just my respect this year with how the players have responded to the Stanford loss and this hot start.

The only game with atrocious offensive play calling was at Stanford, but maybe any plays Duke ran that night would've looked bad.

Duke has covered the spread in every game other than that one, so there's not much to complain about.

Spectacular.

HairSwitch_Beamer_Cutcliffe.jpg

Thx for the link, dc

The Ole Miss saga was just so ridiculous from the get-go. It's truly amazing how quickly fanbases can turn (in both directions).

Beamer looks awful. Imagine expecting him to take care of your child for 4 or 5 years.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom