Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

Duval's usage will depend highly on his turnover rate. I expect him to be one of those guys whose possession usage is a good bit higher than his shot percentage because he always has the ball in his hands. Kind of like an anti-Dawkins (senior year: 22% of possessions used, but took 29% of shots).

childress22 said:
Duval's usage will depend highly on his turnover rate. I expect him to be one of those guys whose possession usage is a good bit higher than his shot percentage because he always has the ball in his hands. Kind of like an anti-Dawkins (senior year: 22% of possessions used, but took 29% of shots).

Then this really doesn't bode well: "Struggles in traffic at times despite his tremendous tools -Decision making skills leave a lot to be desired. Not the most fundamentally sound or solid passer. Looks to make the highlight reel pass instead of the simple one too often, rendering him turnover prone. Often a split-second late with his reads. Kills his dribble in traffic"

I don't know what I find more troubling, the above or his "still looks like he's shooting bowling balls at the rim".

We truly need a grad transfer, or a Grayson Allen, or both.

I personally am pro highlight reel pass. In my view, that risk taking is necessary to good PG play. I think K reigns in his guards too much. Why haven't we had anyone cross the 6 assist mark in 13 years?

One of my favorite elements of Duval's game is his ability to hand deliver baskets through passes in traffic and outlet passes.

If we use Duval properly, he'll be great in college. That means do whatever Calipari does with his no-shot point guards. No confidence that this will happen.

rome8180 said:
I personally am pro highlight reel pass. In my view, that risk taking is necessary to good PG play. I think K reigns in his guards too much. Why haven't we had anyone cross the 6 assist mark in 13 years?

One of my favorite elements of Duval's game is his ability to hand deliver baskets through passes in traffic and outlet passes.

I agree with you. Even though K can't adjust big man play at all, he's known to tweak his guard usage throughout a season. If Duval starts out cold from outside, or on jumpers, I think K will direct him to drive more. Especially, to get us back on topic, if Allen is back. His spot up FGA skyrocketed last year.

Yes Duval (if he attends) and Frank could open a lot of spot up opportunities for Grayson with their drives.

To complement the spot-up attempts, I would like to see Grayson healthy enough to take it to the rim like he was doing in '16. He had such a nice balance to his offensive game.

When is the final date to enter/withdrawal your name from the draft? aka how long we have until a Grayson decision?

Kinda feel like he's coming back, but just curious as to how long until a potential decision announcement.

I believe the deadline is April 23 to enter; not sure when the withdrawal date would be.

I hope Grayson goes through the process and decides to come back, but if he gets assurances from someone through the pre-draft process that he will be drafted, I wish him the best. Guy has been a warrior.

The withdrawal deadline is not until June. His family is supposed to meet with K in the next week or so. It sounds like he'll decide whether to enter before the April 23rd deadline and that decision will be final.

Word on the street is that a decision will be announced very soon (before the 23rd). If Grayson goes pro we should bump the Jack White thread.

rome8180 said:
Is there a suicide watch thread? We should bump that if Allen goes pro.

In the event he jumps, it would probably be more appropriate to hold a wake for Duke basketball, and for Coach K's career.

I wouldn't worry about Duke basketball persevering if Allen goes pro. K has always made it work with transcendent talents like Wendell Carter, especially in recent seasons with all the wisdom K has gained to make him better than ever as a coach. All he needs is one great freshman. The Jabari team won 26 games. The Rivers team won 27 games. Not sure where this pessimism is coming from. Duke will be great as usual.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I wouldn't worry about Duke basketball persevering if Allen goes pro. K has always made it work with transcendent talents like Wendell Carter, especially in recent seasons with all the wisdom K has gained to make him better than ever as a coach. All he needs is one great freshman. The Jabari team won 26 games. The Rivers team won 27 games. Not sure where this pessimism is coming from. Duke will be great as usual.

Well, this'll either be really fun or an incredible disaster.

Thank Thornton. We'll be able to field a team, and not even one on which a junior Vrankovic has to be the captain.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom