Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hobbies

I'm an avid woodworker, but that's not exciting for anyone else.

Woodworking is actually my #1 hobby - I'm not able to invest in it like I used to before we had children, but the passion is very much alive. I used to love making big, bulky furniture and custom stuff for other people. Now I'm down to making smaller home decor type stuff that doesn't take the time investment.

I think three people talking about something justifies discussion in a thread. Sorry it was boring for you. There are plenty of things that are talked about on here that I have absolutely no interest in. Also, I know it takes a lot of work not to read a post.

Woodworking is actually my #1 hobby - I'm not able to invest in it like I used to before we had children, but the passion is very much alive. I used to love making big, bulky furniture and custom stuff for other people. Now I'm down to making smaller home decor type stuff that doesn't take the time investment.
My cousin Jermaine entered into the International Woodcarvers Congress last year. He Sculpted a 3 foot wood tree carving of Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. He didn’t win anything but his shit was legit.

I think three people talking about something justifies discussion in a thread. Sorry it was boring for you. There are plenty of things that are talked about on here that I have absolutely no interest in. Also, I know it takes a lot of work not to read a post.

Interesting post because I thought his "haha" implied he was joking.

Interesting post because I thought his "haha" implied he was joking.
And, it's obvious that an old timer here asking for a Coffee Thread is obviously bullshitting, but what do I know?

Yes, I used 'obvious' twice in the same sentence.

Speaking of bullshit, I have a Nespresso machine that I got for $60 on Craigslist. It's not the same as a real espresso machine, obviously, but it's one of my favorite purchases. Still infinitely better than coffee.

I've gotten used to drinking espresso enough that normal coffee just tastes like garbage bean water. It's like taking a neat scotch and dumping a cup of water into it.

Espresso is the jam.

For all you coffee haters, it's actually easy to make great cups of drip coffee. The best way to pull flavor and nuance out of coffee beans is by doing pour overs. Pour overs produce fantastic cups of coffee.

With a pour over, you need a glass or ceramic filter holder, the correct paper filter to fit, freshly ground (for drip) coffee, a properly sized mug or glass, and hot water. For a 12 oz cup, use about .8 ounces of coffee grounds. Slowly pour boiling hot water over the grounds so that all of the grounds get completely wet and you are extracting max flavor out of your beans. A pro tip is to dampen the filter slightly before putting your grounds in so that you slow the rate that the coffee drains through the filter into your mug.

The whole process takes less time than brewing a pot in your Mr. Coffee.

You can thank me later.

We just added a Yama cold drip spiral contraption to the caffeine lab at work. Put ice water in the top and it takes about three hours to make 6 cups. Amazing. Like drinking refreshing rocket fuel.

I wasn't even going to get into cold brew, which is like a completely different, yet amazing, beverage.

Espresso is the jam.

For all you coffee haters, it's actually easy to make great cups of drip coffee. The best way to pull flavor and nuance out of coffee beans is by doing pour overs. Pour overs produce fantastic cups of coffee.

With a pour over, you need a glass or ceramic filter holder, the correct paper filter to fit, freshly ground (for drip) coffee, a properly sized mug or glass, and hot water. For a 12 oz cup, use about .8 ounces of coffee grounds. Slowly pour boiling hot water over the grounds so that all of the grounds get completely wet and you are extracting max flavor out of your beans. A pro tip is to dampen the filter slightly before putting your grounds in so that you slow the rate that the coffee drains through the filter into your mug.

The whole process takes less time than brewing a pot in your Mr. Coffee.

You can thank me later.
You guys should try an old school percolator. It’s easy to use but a bitch to clean. Makes pretty damn good coffee though. My dipshit roommate broke the knob off mine this morning and I’m pretty pissed about it.

Chat users

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom