Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ignored post handling

Pantone287

Legend
Would be great to go back to the previous behavior of ignored posts not appearing on thread pages at all. Looks like they now appear as posts, just with the content redacted.

(I'm viewing on mobile/Pixel 3)

Ah, wait. Looks like it's mostly working like before actually? The place where I saw the "redacted" ignored post was one where an ignored member has made the poster recent post one the thread. Maybe that scenario is the exception.

Can you post a screenshot?

Screenshot_20190727-122914.png

I can only get this to happen now by clicking on the timestamp of the "most recent post by..." link by the thread title, when the most recent post was by an ignored member.

I think what's happening is prob either:
1) If there's only one new unread post in a thread, and it's from an ignored member, and you open the thread, it shows the redacted post; or
2) I fat fingered and clicked the timestamp instead of the thread title when this happened the first time, and #1 isn't even a thing.

Either way, probably not worth spending time on. I was mainly just worried when I thought that all ignored posts were going to show up redacted like on TDD.

Hello,

Can an update to the ignored poster policy be considered? Sometimes I read a page and there are 1-2 posts on it due to the ignored feature. I think removing the feature will increase more discussion and prevent people from posting the same things.

Hello,

Can an update to the ignored poster policy be considered? Sometimes I read a page and there are 1-2 posts on it due to the ignored feature. I think removing the feature will increase more discussion and prevent people from posting the same things.
No, this was already factored in when the decision was made. I understand it can be frustrating for you, but the alternative is frustration for many others who have decided, through years of interactions, that they do not want to engage with you and they do not want you to engage with them.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom