Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Irish Catholics vs Methodists 2019

Inveigle

All American
usatsi_9561686-2.jpg

Last time the Golden Domers played the Blue Devils Daniel Jones led Duke to the win, but that was then,

*Sept 24, 2016 - Duke 38 vs. Notre Dame 35

and this is now- The Irish are 6-2 and Duke is 4-4,

but-----------

The Notre Dame defensive front has been a bit too inconsistent. It’s been able to get behind the line from time to time – it destroyed Virginia at the end of September – but it got ripped apart by Michigan and it’s allowing more than four yards per carry.

Duke isn’t going to to go off for more than 200 yards rushing, but as long as it's at least decent on the ground to set up easier third down chances, they should be able to hang around. The offensive line has been doing a great job at keeping defensive fronts out of the backfield, and the defensive line has just enough of a push to make a few big plays here and there. The Duke run D allowed over 200 yards for the first time all year a few weeks ago against North Carolina. As long as it doesn’t get gouged by the Irish ground attack, this will be close late.

The Irish know where they stand.
They’ve been a bit shaky lately – needing a late touchdown drive to survive Virginia Tech and getting rolled by Michigan – but at 12 in the first College Football Playoff rankings, it’s in range to get into a New Year’s Six game by winning out and finishing 10-2.

Duke might be rested after getting two weeks off, but it’s having a rough time with three losses in the last four games, thanks a defense that’s gone bye-bye and a passing game that’s not making much happen down the field. The Blue Devils are also having huge problems turning the ball over, but they’ll have the most problems throwing the ball. Notre Dame’s pass defense was a brick wall against Virginia Tech…
Duke is only averaging six yards per throw and hasn’t completed more than 55% of its passes in any of the last four games. It’ll have to get the running game going to win, and that hasn’t been anything special, either.

Notre Dame is a -8 favorite

Saturday, November 9
7:30 Kickoff
Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, NC
Network: ACC Network

Notre Dame 31
Duke 23

2016 ND game was the most excited I've been watching Duke FB since 2013. Sad that it wound up being a battle between two 4-8 teams.

I think we lose 27-10 on Saturday. The defense will keep the game close for a half, but they'll wear out as our pitiful offense continues to go three-and-out all night long.

Well done @Inveigle - bringing the ruckus as always.

I'm having a hard time being optimistic about this team after the shitshow that was the UNC game. What we thought could be a potent offense has sputtered over the last few games. I agree with @Devilsforlife that our defense needs the offense to stay on the field with some longer drives in order to actually play to their maximum potential.

I'm hoping we can keep it close but just don't see it. 31-13 ND.

In the midst of our typical mid season swoon, I was hoping this wouldn't have been a must win game after leaving a W on the table against UNC. Too much pressure for Duke to win this one.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom