Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

Excellent point. Singler was a pure badass. Now he looks like a ladyman.

Good motors all around!

I think he has to develop a 3 before he can bolt for the NBA. Or at least show that it's feasible for him to develop a 3.

Yeah, I'm usually pretty paranoid about guys leaving, but I have a hard time seeing him being playable in an NBA offense very soon. I don't think he can dribble or shoot well enough to do it in an NBA game, and isn't physically strong enough to be the one-in. Seems like he might be the perfect mix of college effectiveness and NBA flaws for now.

Also, holy fucking hell, that block. That sequence was pretty representative of where he's at right now though - ungodly defensive play, TO trying to dribble, then an almost-nice defensive play that was a foul.

Easily my favorite guy to watch at the moment. Just zooms around and does crazy shit.

I think he has to develop a 3 before he can bolt for the NBA. Or at least show that it's feasible for him to develop a 3.

Or any sort of offense at all. He's terrible at anything that looks like scoring. He's about 50-50 on being able to make an open court dunk. It's a mental thing with him, I feel sure, because he's got all the physical tools to be both an elite defender and scorer.

Good points. He plays with such high energy maybe he just needs to downshift from that for one moment before making a move or taking a shot to be more effective on offence.

The only guy capable of playing our stupid, ill-conceived defense.
Just imagine what Brad Stevens could do with this guy.

In a Celtics uniform his defensive floor would be Tony Allen and his ceiling is probably around greatest defender in NBA history territory.

He needs more floor time - not sure how that will happen when Bagley and to a lesser degree Carter are causing havoc like they did against Texas....but he makes positive plays routinely.

The ball finds the hustle guys, in the words of St. Bilas

That outlet pass to not-Duval when we were down eight almost killed me. It's like scolding a puppy, though. I can't even be mad.

Although he obviously cannot create on offence, I don't often see him trying to force a play or play out of his element.

Most of his scoring opportunities come off of effective cuts to the basket and good passes by teammates.

time-out-picture.jpg

Barrett ain't here yet pal. We speak American until then.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom