Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

IMO I think he knows he is an important piece, and warrants time as part of the regular rotation. The limitation to increased floor time is the personal fouls he commits.

Of course I really don't know fuck all about how the staff evaluates their rotation - this is just my impression

He’s like this eager puppy dog. Just has to tone it down a notch. Hopefully the more time he gets on the court the more the game slows down for him

I agree with this in general, but i thought Javin was very good tonight even with the fouls.

big opportunity tonight for Javin - with Bagley out he should be the first big off the bench - I predict 2 circus shots, 2 blocks, 4 boards and 5 fouls in 23 mins of pt

By circus shots, do you mean "ball slips out of his hand on a fastbreak and somehow goes in" because that was fun.

Even with the poor display of hands, Javin was the team's best substitute yesterday. He was effective.

Even with the poor display of hands, Javin was the team's best substitute yesterday. He was effective.
Yeah, I was rough on Javin in chat but the stats suggest he is a terrific defender.

He has the highest DRtg among scholarship guys (Buckmire's is higher but is obviously a fluke) AND the highest DBPM now.

Also, 3rd best rebounder on the team among scholarship guys.

I previously thought he and Bolden could be seniors Lance Thomas and Brian Zoubek next year as juniors. Coming back around to that.

Javin actually had a good game. Still can't score for shit, but 6 rebounds, a block, couple of steals, no TOs in 18 minutes was nice. And he broke that one kid's arm.

Also, not on the stat sheet, at least 14 loose balls either bounced off of his hands or went between his legs.

But he put himself in proximity to the ball, you have to give him that!

Strong minutes. His timing on a couple of attempted blocks was off; that aside, he was really active.

Just watched the VT game. Surprised there wasn’t more praise for DeLaurier in this one. Saved a lot of possessions recovering loose balls, getting tip outs, generally being on cocaine. Still think this is our Jordan Bell next season or more likely as a senior.

I don’t see anything missing from his skill set that Jones/Reddish/Barrett/Williamson will want from their center next season. They need good screens, rebounding, passing out of offensive rebounds, and jumping high to dunk lobs. Anything more than that out of the center would be a detriment. Just have a talk with Zoubek this summer to learn how he stopped fouling.

Now that I look at that Oregon 2017 team, Duke is probably going to look a lot like the post-Boucher ACL version next season, but should be better by the end of the season. Lost by 1 to the eventual champions in the Final Four.

Agree with this. His free throws are gross though. And he has to cut down on his own fouls. Otherwise he fits the appropriate niche for Duke going forward.

Just watched the VT game. Surprised there wasn’t more praise for DeLaurier in this one. Saved a lot of possessions recovering loose balls, getting tip outs, generally being on cocaine. Still think this is our Jordan Bell next season or more likely as a senior.

I don’t see anything missing from his skill set that Jones/Reddish/Barrett/Williamson will want from their center next season. They need good screens, rebounding, passing out of offensive rebounds, and jumping high to dunk lobs. Anything more than that out of the center would be a detriment. Just have a talk with Zoubek this summer to learn how he stopped fouling.

Now that I look at that Oregon 2017 team, Duke is probably going to look a lot like the post-Boucher ACL version next season, but should be better by the end of the season. Lost by 1 to the eventual champions in the Final Four.

Yeah, far and a way his best game ever. I would've heaped praises on him, but I only saw the game on replay a couple of days later so it figured it had all been covered in chat.

He's still a disaster with the ball in his hands, but his 10 boards today were a good surprise for me.

He was great, tried to grab every rebound. I'm not even going to add the "if he could learn how to shoot the ball" at this point. Instead, just keep grabbing rebounds, make your free throws, and learn how to make smart passes. That's plenty.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom