Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

Oh for fucks sake. Pansy is the only word that comes to mind when I think Duke basketball these days.

I'm thinking it's a punishment for complaining about playing time. Inside of the boot is filled with rusty nails.

This is honestly the weirdest freshmen class I've ever seen. Surprised Bilas hasn't tweeted anything about their lack of "toughness" yet.

I blame the shoes they're wearing. Half the fucking team has gone down with a leg or foot related injury. That's the most logical explanation for all these injuries. Hell even K is getting hurt, probably the result of his shitty shoes throwing him out of wack.

CK86 said:
I blame the shoes they're wearing. Half the fucking team has gone down with a leg or foot related injury. That's the most logical explanation for all these injuries. Hell even K is getting hurt, probably the result of his shitty shoes throwing him out of wack.

There is zero chance it's shoes, or every Nike sponsored program would be having this problem. It seems far more likely that it is something to do with strength/conditioning program. Just way too many foot injuries to be random

Or maybe something crazy with the floor of the practice facilities.

DukeCrow said:
This is honestly the weirdest freshmen class I've ever seen. Surprised Bilas hasn't tweeted anything about their lack of "toughness" yet.
Alarmingly pansietic.

I'm starting to think the boot is our freshmen's way of staging a Kaepernick-style protest. Javin's was finally enough to push K into retirement. Duke will finally have a coach that can exorcise the demons of its southern past.

I just realized that we if you count DeLaurier as a big and Obi as an active roster player, we have five bigs who don't play, one who plays 10 minutes sometimes, and one who plays 30+ minutes while injured.

But clearly the problem isn't development. We just keep getting unlucky and these guys aren't good enough. No way they'd develop with court time.

I don't count Obi, as I've chosen to believe that he's crippled for life and that K keeps him on the roster as an act of charitable benevolence and sincere compassion. K wants to make sure that Obi gets his degree and gets to know all the right people, so he'll be able to lead a full and productive life and not be dependent on the soon-to-be-eliminated welfare system.

No, no. That's another reason K wants him to get the degree and meet the right people, so he can convince them that Obi is "one of the good ones".

I just want to go on the record saying it will be a pain in the damn ass watching this kid waste away on the Duke bench until he transfers when he could be developed into a starting WF similar to John Collins.

Based on what is expected (best guess, anyway) for the 2017/18 roster, he will be my favourite Duke player.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back