Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

I just hope Coach K lets him play, I feel like he could potentially service into a 4 year power forward with tremendous upside. Guys an athletic freak, just hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

TIL that DeLaurier shot 82% from the floor and 90% from 2 on the year. Unplayable.

He attempted a 3?? I don't remember that. Looks like it was the App State game. I need to find video of this. Must have been hilarious.

All the guy has to do is throw it in the air and it goes in.

If Knox picks us, it wouldn't surprise me if he decided to transfer.
SMH at K and his short bench :(

We don't need to worry anymore about Step 1 of DeLaurier having a solid 4-year Duke career: at least one person within the program knows he was born at some point and is still alive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but it was probably Ty Rogers, the video guy who is leaving now for Michigan or Michigan State or some school whose name begins with "Michigan".

Hopefully Ty will be considerate enough to send the staff annual reminders about these things.

If he gets a shot at decent playing time next season, JD will have to learn to cut down on his fouls to stay on the floor. When he was getting PT in November/December, he had a tendency to pick up 2 quick fouls.

Every time I see this thread bumped up I assume Javin has been granted his transfer release.

It is going to be interesting how it plays out. JD would appear to be the low maintenance/hustle guy that every team needs. As long as he has been putting the work in this Spring/Summer to improve his game and also improves his defensive discipline (fewer fouls), he will be needed, even with Knox present. I'd like to see what he has to offer early on in the year; hopefully comparable minutes to what Chase received last Fall/early Winter.

If recent Duke history repeats itself and he is chained to the bench for his sophomore year because of a 6-7 man rotation, I guess I could not blame him for wanting to seek opportunities elsewhere.

DukeCrow said:
If Knox picks us, it wouldn't surprise me if he decided to transfer.
SMH at K and his short bench :(

With the 2017/18 roster finalized (as far as we know), Javin would appear set for an important role in the rotation. His rebounding and defence will be critical; any offence he contributes will be gravy.

Should be the team's 'glue guy.'

I am torn between wanting Javin to blow up and push Carter to the 5 vice Bolden owning the 5 and Javin being left with scraps backing up Carter. Any thoughts on which would be better for the team?

To be successful this team needs Bolden to be successful, IMO. Javin will have plenty of opportunity for floor time subbing for Carter or playing alongside Carter at the 4.

Individually, Carter may be better suited to the 5. He can probably exploit opponents on both ends from that position.

I think your second scenario is in Duke's best interest.

If Javin could make 3's he would be a spectacular pro prospect and perfect for this team.

What are folks' expectations for JD this season?

I would think he would be a 7th man in the rotation, 8th if Bagley attends.

Fortunately, we have very little depth, so Javin will have to play ACC minutes. I say "ACC minutes" because every single ACC game is meaningful and how many minutes players play in those games is a more true reflection of their mpg than those games against Maine in OOC where they log 15 minutes and it inflates their mpg.

I can't see Javin getting any less than 15mpg. If we get Bagley that will change things, but even with bagley, I still think he'll get ACC minutes.

I hope to see more of him in the early part of the season to really see what he's got. Saying that, I assume he won't play because he might be a good defensive player and we all know Duke doesn't bother playing defense anymore.

When was the last time our best motor/hustle player was also our best athlete? Maybe Dahntay?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back