Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jordan Tucker

I do think his threes vs. Baylor came at a critical moment. It looked like they were going to blow it open. Again though, not what I was talking about.

For some reason, Dawkins didn't get the last shot vs. Wisconsin despite going 4-4. Instead, Singler did the worst imitation of Grant Hill ever and the ball went out of bounds.

I wasn't talking about the Baylor game, so I am not sure why that got brought up. I was talking about the FSU game, but I was also talking about the 903 game vs. MSU and several others. If I have time later, I'll look through the stats to jog my memory. Pretty sure there were five or six games like that (where he went 6-8 or something and gave us a huge cushion we wouldn't have had otherwise).
I brought it up because that's always the game brought up in Dawkins discussions. But yeah I remember that FSU game.

A team with upperclassmen DeLaurier and Tucker will be my favorite ever, even if it's coached by Capel.

He would benefit quite a bit playing alongside Jones and Reddish in 2018/19. Would get a lot of looks off of penetration.

Jordan Tucker is apparently unhappy. He liked these tweets from a Syracuse fan. In case you forgot, Syracuse was very pissed that Tucker basically waited for Duke to offer him a scholarship while Syracuse and Georgia Tech were begging him to commit for months.

OttosGrove.com‏ @OttosGroveNov 10
Look, I know there's more to it than just playing time for some kids, but Jordan Tucker played 6 minutes in a blowout win, and Duke is adding Cam Reddish and RJ Barrett. He'd be getting 25 MPG for Syracuse this year. Sigh.

OttosGrove.com‏ @OttosGrove
For the record, I genuinely hope that Jordan Tucker has a nice career, and I wish him (and Quade Green, and every other kid who doesn't pick Syracuse) well. But man, if it's a basketball decision, I have questions.

I mean did he not expect this? Duke didn't offer him until after Knox turned them down. He was Duke's back-up plan. He had to know it was going to be difficult for him to find PT this early.

Yeah, that sucks but if he's that disgruntled after just two games into the season then he'd be better off just leaving to satisfy his fragile mindset and going somewhere that has less competition for playing time and no real expectation of actually winning anything significant.

It certainly won't get any easier next year when a pair of wings who are both potential #1 draft picks come to Durham to suit up and as well the existence of an improved, stronger O'Connell (who Tucker wasn't even able to outplay this year despite Alex being about 120 pounds soaking wet).

Maybe it changed from when you posted but he only liked the second tweet where ottosgrove wished him well from what I can see. Anyway he’s struggling but unlike other examples where guys didn’t play who deserved to, I just don’t see that as the case for him and those transfers rarely hurt us (if he decides to do that)

A competent shooter on the wing is exactly what this team needs. If he can't meet that criteria, it's on him. Hopefully he figures it out because I think he'll be a good player down the line but this looks like Gbinije part 2.

A competent shooter on the wing is exactly what this team needs. If he can't meet that criteria, it's on him. Hopefully he figures it out because I think he'll be a good player down the line but this looks like Gbinije part 2.
Gbinijie could play though, there was ample evidence of that. Tucker hasn't shown Silent G's level of skill at all.

I mean in the limited minutes he's played he's looked like by far the worst scholarship out there. Even Robinson looked better. GMAFB, you're a 4* freshman, did you think you were going to play 10-15+ minutes a game already?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back