Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jordan Tucker

I rewatched the last 5 minutes of the Mich St game, and Tucker was really into the game from the bench. He was going crazy right alongside Goldwire. I know there are several examples of guys like Jeter who transfer even after they seem to be having a great time on the bench, but it was still nice to see Tucker having fun. I hope he can impress enough to earn some PT.

Merely needs to be a 30% 3pt shooter, with all other skills irrelevant, to ensure he gets playing time at the most critical time of the season, when Duke is down multiple possessions late in an NCAAT game.

He tweeted this and said Great Team Win fwiw. I’m sure Grayson is relating to him about it

He shoots the same way I cook brisket.

The team managers seem quite disinterested in Jordan Tucker

That is the body language of "oh my god please transfer already" if I've ever seen it.

The managers' conversation:

"Shit, it's this guy"
"Is he on the team? He's wearing a uniform"
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he's got a locker in the team dressing room"
"Huh. Maybe they'll give me a locker, too"
"Yeah, it looks pretty doable"

During K's post-game press conference when he was discussing Javin's improvement, I'm pretty sure he included a cryptic message to Tucker.
On the play of Javin DeLaurier:
“He’s been consistent. He has what we call a ‘motor’. He has got a good motor. At 6’9”, he is a superb athlete who is
becoming a really good basketball player. He doesn’t let some of the things he can’t do now get in the way of his motor
and his defense and rebounding. He picks us up all the time. Every once in a while, he will do something crazy but he’s
been a big plus. He only played 12 games last year. I love when a kid at some time in his career has ‘DNPs’, ‘did not play,’
and stays with it and they become better. This kid has done that and he won’t have any DNPs anymore. He is a really
important part of our team.

"Only pussies transfer. Don't be a f'n pussy, Jordan Tucker." - Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski

Seeing new posts in this thread are the only times I remember that Jordan Tucker is on Duke's basketball team.

Yeah - would be nice to see him stick it out, but playing time for him may be even more scarce in 2018

There should be plenty of backup minutes at positions 2-4. We'll likely have four "proven" players (Tre, O'Connell, Reddish, Barrett) to cover four positions and nothing really beyond them.

His body language is straight garbage. Yea it sucks riding the bench all year, but all the other scrubs get out there and play with verve. He might be decent as a junior if he sticks around.

There should be plenty of backup minutes at positions 2-4. We'll likely have four "proven" players (Tre, O'Connell, Reddish, Barrett) to cover four positions and nothing really beyond them.

Yeah, I agree with this. I think Reddish is very likely to be the starting stretch 4/secondary playmaker. Maybe, possibly, if Bolden were to come back, we could go Jones-Barrett-Reddish-Javin-Bolden, but I think Reddish as the 4 is much more likely

So, if we're starting those guys, and have JG doing backup point for 8-10 mpg, that still leaves time for a bench wing to get 12-14 mpg every game. In other words, I see no reason why Jones/Barrett/Reddish would command more time than Duval/Allen/Trent/Bagley. Even with Alex getting more minutes, there's time for Tucker if he DTFUs.

His body language is straight garbage. Yea it sucks riding the bench all year, but all the other scrubs get out there and play with verve. He might be decent as a junior if he sticks around.
How was his face though? I was watching on a small laptop and it was tough to tell if it was strong.

Agree Child.

I think it's either Jones, Alex, Barrett, Red, DeL or if Bolden comes back he starts a long with Tre, Barrett, Reddish and Del.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back