Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Manny Diaz

10 years ago, I would've been super excited. I hope he's learned since his Miami tenure and can put together a good staff. I hope he's the one calling plays on defense so that Duke can at least field a competent to good defense on a regular basis.

10 years ago, Duke would have had no shot at him.

10 years ago, he got fired in his first year as Mack Brown's DC. There was a relative short window of Manny Mania in there.

I kind of hate him for being someone who was celebrating on the sidelines as Miami 's 8 "lateral" thievery was "confirmed". I'll forget about it quickly, but that + turnover chain clownery is my current image of him.

I kind of hate him for being someone who was celebrating on the sidelines as Miami 's 8 "lateral" thievery was "confirmed". I'll forget about it quickly, but that + turnover chain clownery is my current image of him.
Manny was at Mississippi State in 2015. He came to Miami after Richt was hired the following year.

That said, fuck the lateral game forever. Soured me completely on the ACC, as did the 2022 and 23 UNC thefts.

Diaz would not have been my choice. I will support him though. I hope he keeps Kevin Johns as his OC. Here's Manny Diaz's coaching journey.

1998–1999

Florida State (GA)
2000–2001NC State (GA)
2002–2003NC State (LB)
2004–2005NC State (S/ST)
2006–2007Middle Tennessee (DC/S)
2008–2009Middle Tennessee (DC/LB)
2010Mississippi State (DC/LB)
2011–2013Texas (DC/LB)
2014Louisiana Tech (DC/LB)
2015Mississippi State (DC/LB)
2016–2018Miami (FL) (DC)
2019–2021Miami (FL)
2022–2023Penn State (DC/LB)
2024-presentDuke

Manny was at Mississippi State in 2015. He came to Miami after Richt was hired the following year.
Ah right. Good. I always mix up that game with the general disappointment of 2016 for some reason.

Ah right. Good. I always mix up that game with the general disappointment of 2016 for some reason.
I’ll never know how to remember 2016. It featured two of my personal top 10 wins (UNC and @ND), but was 4-8 overall, and marked the end of Cut’s peak and the start of his mediocre era.

Update on Willie Simmons and Duke​

The Florida A&M head coach has an offer from Duke, but it's not a foregone conclusion he'll leave.
New Duke head coach Manny Diaz has offered Florida A&M head coach Willie Simmons his running backs coaching job in Durham. However, the update Friday was that Florida A&M has asked Simmons for the weekend to put together a contract competitive enough to keep him. Simmons is one of the most successful coaches in FCS, and FAMU would very much like to keep him.

Patke replaces Tyler Santucci, who took the job last year, at the post.

A full accounting of the old staff:

Retained: Zohn Burden, Harland Bower, David Feeley
Not retained: Kevin Johns, Tyler Santucci, Lyle Hemphill
Left for GT: Jess Simpson (he’s from Atlanta)
Left for A&M: Trooper Taylor, Adam Cushing, Ishmael Aristide, Patrick Daugherty

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom