Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

He needs to take a big step forward next year. If he cannot contribute, there will be huge pressure on Carter.

torontoduke said:
He needs to take a big step forward next year. If he cannot contribute, there will be huge pressure on Carter.

I personally think Bolden is going to make a gigantic step. In the months leading up to the start of last season, Bolden was starting, and it seemed like scouts were raving about him. Solid passer, shot changer etc. I think he just need the coaching staff to back him and give him support. Without Tatum and Giles, Bolden should be able to get back to his normal self, and hopefully become the 2nd coming of the 'Landlord'

#InBoldenWeTrust

There's going to be huge pressure on Carter either way, though much less if Allen and Jackson return. If our backcourt sucks, he'll have to put up Jabari-like numbers.

Fair enough Rome - I just think that WC may have to play conservatively (afraid of foul trouble) in the event Marques is ineffective. The post depth has really changed from '16 to '17.

I really hope you are right, 6. There is only one Landlord, though.

Idea for next year, since we have a "true" PG now:

Trevon Duval rewards Marques Bolden with an entry pass when he passes five rebounds. Another entry pass for every two rebounds after that. This way we'll learn whether it's effort or just a terrible instinct for the ball.

The rebounding is key. From what I observed last year, his rebounding skills make Okafor look like Moses Malone. For a person of MB's size, there is no reason he cannot be at least a mediocre rebounder.

I am confident he can be a competent post scorer.

Coach: Marques, I told you to work the glass and grab those rebounds.

Bolden: Ouch, my leg, my leg!

Looks like Bolden got cut from U19, which is unsurprising based on accounts of his time there and in light of everything we've come to know about him.

Maybe getting told he sucks by people who aren't Duke isn't the worst thing, especially if they're Cal, who he probably thinks would have played him 30 mpg if he'd only gone to UK. Only hope now is that he gets broken down completely by K and shows up in the fall with his head shaved and soul crushed into submission.

Pantone287 said:
Maybe getting told he sucks by people who aren't Duke isn't the worst thing, especially if they're Cal, who he probably thinks would have played him 30 mpg if he'd only gone to UK. Only hope now is that he gets broken down completely by K and shows up in the fall with his head shaved and soul crushed into submission.

Seven-six-two millimeter. Full metal jacket.

Chat users

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom