Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

You don’t think Tre is OAD? He’s a top 10 recruit who will start and play huge minutes. Several folks made the same mistake with Tyus.

I think we get one more season of him and then after he goes pro we have Tre-AOC-Baker-EJ-Del. One of the oldest lineups we've had in years. So, Jr, Fr, So, Sr.
That lineup is going to look a lot different if the NBA rule change isn't until the 2020 class like I speculate. Antoine, Anthony, Carey, etc.

Bolden's DBPM is now 6.6, tied with Carter for highest on the team.

Bolden's BLK% is now 7.8%, tied with Carter for highest among rotation players.

Bolden's TRB% is 14%, which is 4th among rotation players (behind Bagley, Carter, DeLaurier)

You don’t think Tre is OAD? He’s a top 10 recruit who will start and play huge minutes. Several folks made the same mistake with Tyus.
I think it's very possible and I don't expect him one way or the other. I think it's 50-50 and hoping Duke gets lucky once. And I'm hoping the OAD rule is changed.

I do love his recent contributions, most definitely. However, he still has those moments of "don't give a fuck" in his game which leads to breakdowns on both ends.

Sophomore Marques Bolden in last 5 games against ACC competition:

17.6 mpg
5.8 ppg
3.4 rpg
1.2 bpg
78% FG%

Senior Brian Zoubek:

18.7 mpg
5.6 ppg
7.7 rpg
0.8 bpg
64% FG%

Appears I wasn't being bullish enough when I said I hoped he and DeLaurier could be Zoubek/Thomas next year.

MB is a better defensive and offensive player than Z, but I have not seen any signs that he is willing to rebound like Z. Sure would be nice to see Marques come back for a Junior year, however.

Gotta say, I'm starting to fall in love with Queef. He'll never be anything close to dominant, but as much as I shit on UNC fans for "preferring" to watch guys develop over four years over sublime OAD talents (like they have a choice), I do enjoy Bolden's progression towards being able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

And it seems that he has bought in, which is a lot cooler than the Tuckers, Thorntons, Gbinijes, etc who throw in the towel so quickly. Proud of the big Texan.

Gotta say, I'm starting to fall in love with Queef. He'll never be anything close to dominant, but as much as I shit on UNC fans for "preferring" to watch guys develop over four years over sublime OAD talents (like they have a choice), I do enjoy Bolden's progression towards being able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

And it seems that he has bought in, which is a lot cooler than the Tuckers, Thorntons, Gbinijes, etc who throw in the towel so quickly. Proud of the big Texan.

Lol.

I'm proud, too. You have to earn being my avatar.

MB is a better defensive and offensive player than Z, but I have not seen any signs that he is willing to rebound like Z. Sure would be nice to see Marques come back for a Junior year, however.
Bolden got the number 1 play from last night on Duke's Instagram.

The recruiting has already begun.

It'll be sad when he has a mysterious leg injury limiting his play, coincidental to Bagley returning for the ACC Tourney.

Starting to believe this guy is an actual badass, and that his slow(ish) development is entirely due to injuries and the overwhelmingly gross vibe of last year's team.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom