Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

His rim-protection moving forward is something I'd like to see improve - that seems like the only area where his motor wanes a bit.

What I like best about him, apart from his unbelievable motor and athleticism, is his demeanor. Seems incredibly invested in what is happening on the court at any given moment. His reaction after that made corner three was awesome, but he gets just as hyped for an O'Connell three when he's sitting on the bench. I'd love to give 10% of his love for basketball to Bolden.

Last edited:
Yea, he has all the enthusiasm of Giles and he's actually effective.

His defensive awareness needs work but Carter picks up a ton of the slack there. If one of them could step up and hit a respectable percentage from 3, it would be a perfect pairing.

How much convincing would it take for these bad FT shooters to just use the damn glass? Bank them. No shame in it. Points.

I would doubt that it leads to any higher percentage. If someone can't shoot with touch, using the backboard from straight away with no angle certainly isn't going to help. Granny style, however....

I would doubt that it leads to any higher percentage. If someone can't shoot with touch, using the backboard from straight away with no angle certainly isn't going to help. Granny style, however....

Good point on touch, but worth a shot for anyone. I personally feel it is a lot easier to aim for the box than the rim. Not the prettiest way to get buckets, but it gets buckets.

It's definitely the angle. Go shoot around on an 8-9ft goal. At the angle it feels awkward as fuck.

Never up, never in. Tall guys tend not to bend their knees and put any arc on their FT attempts.

FT shooting is a teachable skill. There is zero reason that Dennis Rodman couldn't make FT's, except that he didn't really want to. He must have wanted the drama and the anxiety. Made him lovable.

All the bigs that can't shoot FT's have been so dominant for their whole basketball lives that it was a pardonable flaw. Like, who cares if Drummond doesn't make FT's in an AAU game when he's going for 38 pts and 26 rebounds? In college, why would he spend the time on FT's when he's only in school because he is legally barred from being in the NBA?

It didn't matter one iota until he got to the NBA, and it becomes something that opponents can use to keep him off the floor. At that point, it's imperative for him to develop the skill, or he gets Okafor'd and won't play, has no trade value and his career is over.

Had one of the most lucid dreams I've had in years last night. Bagley scored 80 in a 104-91 victory. I literally had to log on to the computer to confirm it wasn't Wednesday morning it was so real.

Mostly dunks and 4-5 threes. Don't remember any free throws though......

The angle is also harder if you're 8 feet tall instead of a short white. He could try a granny shot, though.

To clarify, I was referring to the angle of banks shots for talls here, not trying to excuse Bagley's overall shooting with his height.

The angle is also harder if you're 8 feet tall instead of a short white. He could try a granny shot, though.

To clarify, I was referring to the angle of banks shots for talls here, not trying to excuse Bagley's overall shooting with his height.

I would say its easy to put arc on your shot and correct that, but that would imply there is a shooting touch present, so I didn't. I am a short white, though.

I just foresee a game where we need marvin to hit some free throws at the end and it doesn't look good.

Bagley definitely isn't playable at the end of games if the opposing coach is willing to foul. Luckily, college coaches have been reluctant to embrace Hack-a.

Lol. This is Duke. I'm assuming he's now blind in that eye.

(Apologies if this obvious joke has already been made in chat or another thread. I'm late to the party.)

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back