Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

It is nice to see him be a bit more active in defending the rim - don't know why he struggles so much in that area.

He actually came over to help a couple times tonight leading to one or two of those blocks. I think I have seen him do this exactly once before this season

His impact on defense is probably on par with Okafor's at Duke. What keeps him from being an Okafor-type negative player overall is his ability to fit into an offense and excel with high usage without killing the offense of everyone else around him. I think he's a major plus overall but I wish he would not be so harmful on defense.

Didn't think this day would come, but I look forward to next season with Bolden at center, assuming Bolden isn't so stupid that he thinks his own post ups are better than anything Tre, Reddish, Barrett or Williamson would otherwise do on offense. Should be a low usage, high efficiency rebounder on offense, and solid on defense. Hopefully, he comes back.

Reactions: TBC
Bolden looked really good today and I pray he stays. His length, defense and footwork would be perfect next year. He can score if we need him to, unlike DeLaurier. But at the same time, likely won't demand a lot of shots. Could easily see him play 25+min next year and give us 7-8rebs and a couple blocks. Anything he scores is just an added bonus.

His impact on defense is probably on par with Okafor's at Duke. What keeps him from being an Okafor-type negative player overall is his ability to fit into an offense and excel with high usage without killing the offense of everyone else around him. I think he's a major plus overall but I wish he would not be so harmful on defense.

Didn't think this day would come, but I look forward to next season with Bolden at center, assuming Bolden isn't so stupid that he thinks his own post ups are better than anything Tre, Reddish, Barrett or Williamson would otherwise do on offense. Should be a low usage, high efficiency rebounder on offense, and solid on defense. Hopefully, he comes back.
I wish I was as high on his offense as you are. He feels like a total black hole to me, which is probably not fair to him since he's basically doing what K wants him to do.

I don't like having a Bagley on offense but I think his rebounding and scoring at the rim are enough to outweigh his dumb possessions and lack of passing.

Ideally, we would stop recruiting Okafors and Bagleys altogether, IMO. They just don't help an offense more than a Clint Capela type to warrant having poor defense at the position. The numbers probably say players like Aron Barnes are just as helpful to an offense that is loaded with perimeter scorers as players like Greg Monroe. We will see in the new Celtics rotation.

It's unfortunate that a generational talent like Bagley is arguably not a huge plus in Duke's system.

I thought Bagley was the only Duke regular who tried tonight. It’s unfortunate his coaches can’t teach him how to play defense, but at least he tried.

We're attacking the guy who had 3 times as many rebounds as our 2nd leading rebounder? Weird. I mean WTF, honestly, if this is the night you choose to go after him; Baffling.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back