Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Miracle On The Hudson?

Inveigle

All American
Duke Blue Devils (4-5) at Army Black Knights (7-2)

College Football: Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12:00 pm (Michie Stadium)

The Line: Army Black Knights +2

Michie Stadium and the Army Black Knights host the Duke Blue Devils in week eleven college football.

We need a "Sully Moment". There has been so much that has gone wrong the past five games that we need a "Miracle On The Hudson" and for Sully to land this ship softly with a miracle outcome.

https://duke.247sports.com/Article/Duke-Football-Third-Quarter-Breakdown-Roundtable-110049718

Focus on the here and now. Duke can win this game. They must play better than the last five weeks.

Prediction?

Army 20
Duke 21

I'm optimistic about this game. Army's players are generally undersized, which means our O-Line should not have issues in pass protecting and our WRs should not get jammed. Additionally, our defensive line should be able to get pressure on their O-Line and has been adept at stopping the run (long runs by Pitt excluded).

We have been pretty good at stopping the triple option in the past few years, and I believe that Cutcliffe realizes that TO teams dominate time of possession so I would hope he emphasizes maximizing any possessions Duke gets - meaning running the ball early and often to keep the Defense off the field.

I realize that there are a lot of conditionals (should, hope, believe) in the above statements, but the bye week came at a good time for the team to get together, take their mind off football for a bit, and re-evaluate where we want to be to end the year. I look for Duke to finish strong against three beatable opponents, winning at least 2 of the 3 games left and getting the much needed bowl appearance (really practices).

Pathetic to lose while only scoring two touchdowns against a service academy after a bye week, btw.

Last game with three offensive TDs? Baylor. Week 3. Lots of ugly stats offensively this year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back