Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Verlander completely handcuffed us yesterday. Wish we had gone after him instead of Darvish.

Verlander completely handcuffed us yesterday. Wish we had gone after him instead of Darvish.
He's probably going to be an Astro. I like the move but don't love it. I guess it depends on what we have to give up. I think the fact That Tyler White isn't playing with the Astros over JD Davis is pretty telling. Maybe him and another pitcher.

Wow. Rich Hill took a no hitter into the 10th in a 0-0 game and lost on a walkoff HR.

I think it was really pretty shameful how the Mets traded Bruce, Granderson and Walker for basically nothing other than to relieve themselves of some cash. The Wilpons are incredibly horrible owners. I hope one day they sell the team or are forced to trade them. I'm no Mets fan but their fans deserve better than that. Complete joke that they netted nothing in return for those three players considering all 3 were traded to contenders.

That doesn't even touch on the complete mismanagement of players (Conforto) and injuries (innumerable).

Pedro Martinez had 9 perfect innings while pitching for the Expos and lost it in the 10th, also a 0-0 tie of course. At least he got the W; Hill got tagged for an L, which seems rather unjust.

Harvey Haddix pitched 12 perfect innings ruined by an error in the 13th. Intentional walk to Hank Aaron next. Then, a homer to end the game. However, the guy that hit the homer passed Aaron on the base path (like Robin Ventura's grand slam single) and the hit was changed to a double and the game ended 1-0 instead of 3-0. So, last night's 1st ever walk off homer to end a no hitter is based on a technicality (kind of).

It was surely heartbreaking for Hill to lose that way, hell it was for me to watch it. First losing the perfect game on the error in the 9th and then have your team not score despite getting 8 hits and 5 walks, hitting into 2 double plays and leaving 11 LOB. Not what we have seen out of the Dodgers this year. The rest of the team left him short.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom