Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Thing is the Ref Sox and Astros play four games in Fenway to close the year. That's a huge four games. Could be the difference between home field for the Astros or Wild Card for the Sox. Or it could just be a fight for the 2-3 seeds and home field for the first round between those two teams.

It's my hope the Astros have at least the 2 seed wrapped up by then but still have the 1 seed within reach.

The Indians and Astros hands down have the best lineup top to bottom. I think the Astros have a bench edge and a slight 1-2-3-4 rotation when those 4 are clicking. Verlander and Keuchel looked good the last week. McHugh and McCullers are taking rest to get fully healthy but should be good.

The bull pen edge is to the Indians clearly

The Indians are in a league of their own in the AL right now. I don't know what to think of the Astros at the moment. The Yankees are a little better than the Red Sox even though overall W-L doesn't show it. The Yankees are definitely better than the Twins, but like Slappy says, that doesn't really matter in a one-game playoff. I would pull for the Twins if they took out the Yankees.

The Astros' bullpen is absolutely not dependable. If the starter goes out with a lead of less than four or five runs before the 7th then it's extremely worrisome.
Especially up against a playoff lineup. Brad peacock could be the savior however. He is a shutdown pitcher going through a lineup for the first time. If they don't get their shit together it's the Indians league to lose. I don't think the Yanks-Twins or Red Sox can get passed either Keuchel or Verlander twice.

The Indians are in a league of their own in the AL right now. I don't know what to think of the Astros at the moment. The Yankees are a little better than the Red Sox even though overall W-L doesn't show it. The Yankees are definitely better than the Twins, but like Slappy says, that doesn't really matter in a one-game playoff. I would pull for the Twins if they took out the Yankees.

Agreed with everything you said except rooting for the Twins. If they beat the Yankees in the WC or if someone else does, I am rooting for the Indians to get it done- although I wouldn't care too much once the Yanks go out.

I think the Yankees can beat anyone from the AL in the post season except for Cleveland.

I'm an O's fan and couldn't agree with you more. Don't even know what you are talking about.

I just need them to beat the Red Sox. I want the Astros- Red Sox end of season series to be meaningless when it comes to the Astros and the 3 seed. Monday they were up 5-6 runs and blew it.

Sox and Astros are likely to play each other up to 9 straight games. Pretty wild.

All AL playoff teams besides the 2nd wild card are hot and separating themselves. If the Yanks (or Sox) get past the WildCard it's going to be an awesome playoffs

Agree but I don't think the Yanks have the pitching and the Sox don't have the hitting to win the whole thing.

AL MVP
Altuve over Trout

NL MVP
Goldy over Arenado

AL CY
Sale over Klubot

NL CY
Scherzer narrowly over Kershaw

Indians over the Diamondbacks in the WS

I feel great about all of these but Stanton is probably winning MVP over Goldy

MLB awards?

AL MVP
1-Jose Altuve
2-Mike Trout
3-Aaron Judge

AL Cy Young
1-Chris Sale-by a hair
2-Corey Kluber
3-Luis Severino

NL MVP
1-Giancarlo Stanton
2-Paul Goldschmidt
3-Nolan Arenado

NL Cy Young
1-Max Scherzer-By a hair
2-Clayton Kershaw
3-Stephen Strasburg

As of right now its:

Twins vs Yankees-I'll take the Yanks

Boston vs Houston-Boston in 5
Yankees vs Cleveland-Indians in 4

Boston vs Indians-Indians in 7

Rockies vs Diamondbacks-Diamondbacks

Diamondbacks vs Dodgers-LA in 5
Cubs vs Nationals-Nationals in 5

Nationals vs Dodgers-Nationals in 7

WS

Indians vs Nationals-Indians in 6

I think Kluber has nearly locked up the Cy Young but I'm sticking with the rest.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom