Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

MLB awards?

AL MVP
1-Jose Altuve
2-Mike Trout
3-Aaron Judge

AL Cy Young
1-Chris Sale-by a hair
2-Corey Kluber
3-Luis Severino

NL MVP
1-Giancarlo Stanton
2-Paul Goldschmidt
3-Nolan Arenado

NL Cy Young
1-Max Scherzer-By a hair
2-Clayton Kershaw
3-Stephen Strasburg

As of right now its:

Twins vs Yankees-I'll take the Yanks

Boston vs Houston-Boston in 5
Yankees vs Cleveland-Indians in 4

Boston vs Indians-Indians in 7

Rockies vs Diamondbacks-Diamondbacks

Diamondbacks vs Dodgers-LA in 5
Cubs vs Nationals-Nationals in 5

Nationals vs Dodgers-Nationals in 7

WS

Indians vs Nationals-Indians in 6

I think Kluber has nearly locked up the Cy Young but I'm sticking with the rest.
I know we stat heads have made our way deep into baseball but there's still too many traditionalist voters to pass up Chris Sale's 300 strikeouts. Kluber is better but Sale has the iconic number.

Verlander gives up a hit to his first batter again then goes 7 innings without another hit. That's two games in a row. 14 innings-2 hits. Amazing. Actually it's also 5 hits over his last three games or 22 innings. And that's a .068 era over those three games.

But taking my glass half full Astro fan approach it's kind of scary that in those three games our offense hasn't been around till late. In those three starts he actually left with the game tied only to see a couple of runs score during the next half inning. That's a little worrisome knowing in the playoffs he's going to go up against the other teams ace most likely. And actually his first start against Seattle our offense was no hit into the 7th or 8th.

Have faith. If the Sox hold off the Yanks it's looking like a Sale-Keuchel game 1 match up.

Future AL ROY Aaron Judge hit his 10th dinger today. Kid's a superstar. He's better than Giancarlo Stanton.

Appears just thinking about ROY may have undersold Judge's talent.

He very well could win the MVP even after that disastrous slump.

It wasn't reported on much but apparently Judge's shoulder was fucked up after the home-run derby and he had to take a couple of cortisone shots. The pain in his shoulder was impacting his ability to serve the ball the opposite way and why he kept rolling over weak ground balls.

He's been mashing in September and he's hit a bunch of opposite field home-runs.

Yay Jays!! Sox and Indians both go down while the Astros crush the bitch ass Rangers. Astros clinch the 2 seed and Rangers are eliminated officially. 1 Game behind the Indians now. Astros may gift wrap the AL east for the Yanks if the Yanks can keep up.

Yay Jays!! Sox and Indians both go down while the Astros crush the bitch ass Rangers. Astros clinch the 2 seed and Rangers are eliminated officially. 1 Game behind the Indians now. Astros may gift wrap the AL east for the Yanks if the Yanks can keep up.

Praying. Do us well, Astros.

Praying. Do us well, Astros.
I'm stuck as to what to want here. I'd rather the Yanks not win the East and play the Astros in the first round. On the other hand if we were to sweep the Sox it's likely we get the 1 seed and the Sox/Twins winner and force the Indians to take on the Yanks.

Astros have as many road wins this year as the had total wins in 2013. Haha. Also their previous 4 wins before tonight were all by 9 runs or more. No team in the modern era has ever done that and it hasn't been done in 130 years. Pretty interesting.

I'm rooting for the underdog Twins but as a fan of the Astros I'd rather the Yankees win because they have the better chance of upsetting the Indians. So that games a win-win.
Obviously I hope the Astros move on.

In the NL I expect the Diamondbacks, if they survive the Rockies, to get past the Dodgers and move on to face the Nationals.

I'm hoping for Astros-Diamondbacks (Paul Goldschmidt went to my alma mater).

I'd bet it's Indians-Nationals with the Indians winning it all.

Go Astros!!

I will be furious if the Yankees don't win tomorrow. We are 6 games ahead of the Twins, we swept them in the regular season, and our run differential is 170 runs better.

Everyone in the Mets FO hates Terry Collins and he seems to hate them (except Fred Wilpon), so he is joining them.

I have zero confidence in the Sox which means they probably sweep. Prediction is Houston in 4.

Houston is Houston so who knows but I like how they just took a 3-1 series from the Sox in Fenway without using their 2 aces. That said the Astros usually disappoint. But I say Stros in 4. Hopefully they close out this time unlike 2015 when Correa boots a routine grounder and we lose to the Royals who also took game 5.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom