Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Goddamn that's sad. In less important news, that kid was reportedly an absolute stud. So sad to see a kid have his life taken from him though.

I think this opens up the chance of Ohtani to the Cubs now

Stanton to Yankees talks ongoing.

I want a poster of Judge and Stanton next to each other in pinstripes.

Sanchez- Judge- Stanton would be an incredible sight to see as 3-4-5 in a lineup.

Sounds like it’s done and they did it for chump change. I think this is the only reason Jeter was part of the ownership group.

The contract is so insane that it should be thought of as more of a free agent signing. Anyway, I would’ve preferred waiting another year for Harper.

Jeter continues to come through for the Yankees in the clutch

giphy.gif

I get that it's a long deal for a lot of money but it's not like he's Albert Pujols at age 34. He's the premier power hitter in the world in his prime

The contract is so insane that it should be thought of as more of a free agent signing. Anyway, I would’ve preferred waiting another year for Harper.
I wanted Harper, too, but supposedly he wants like $500M or something. I'm not so sure about this move. I wish he was left-handed to help balance things in the lineup (plus 81 games in Yankee Stadium). Also, I wish his contract could have been spent on some starting pitching. Should be fun though if Stanton, Judge, and Sanchez all get hot at the same time.

Time to fuck hard Physics!

1.) Gardner (L)
2.) Judge (R)
3.) Bird (L)
4.) Stanton (R)
5.) Sanchez (R)
6.) Gregorious (L)
7.) Gleyber Torres (R)
8.) Hicks (S)/Frazier (R)
9.) Headley(S)/Andujar (R)

My god!

I've seen some people questioning the amount of strikeouts Judge and Stanton will have, but I think both walk so much it definitely offsets the K rate, and striking out is still better than hitting into double plays with frequency.

I initially didn't like the idea of trading for Stanton because A.) Harper (initially) makes more sense because the Yankees could sign him out right and not give up prospects and B.) He's a lefty and will mash in Yankee stadium.

Well the more you think about just comparing the two, the whole "short porch" for lefties isn't that big of a deal because honestly it's a short porch in left field for righties at Yankee Stadium too. Down the line is short. And regardless, Stanton hit bombs anywhere. I also think their personalities are important here. When the Yankees traded for A-Rod, he brought with him an ego and image that in ways was actually bigger than the Yankees (this is hard to do for obvious reasons) and I think Harper similarly brings along that same image/ego. Stanton, I don't think will bring that with him the way A-Rod did, or Harper would have, and I think Stanton is much better suited personality wise for NY and also for fitting into a young clubhouse of talented players.

It will also be interesting to see what exactly Harper is asking for. If he's asking for 12-13 years I don't think it's much if any different at all than the contract Stanton is currently on. Ideally you lock these guys up at 24-25 long-term on a 10-11 year deal to take them to 35-36, because it's those 2-3 years after 35-36 where those contracts really turn bad. But that won't be the case for Harper, like Stanton he's looking for a contract to take him to basically 40.

It will be interesting to see what the Yankees do at 3rd base. I would imagine they want to see Andujar has, and I do think he will be good- but if doesn't meet the expectations of the FO, Arenado and Machado are both FA's soon.

Both Machado and Arenado are gonna get dealt before becoming FAs

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom